Should I buy a MacBook Pro now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by workin4apple, Aug 5, 2008.

  1. workin4apple macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2008
    #1
    Here's my delima...I work for apple...therefore get a discount. I wont be working for them next week though b/c of school. Should I buy a MacBook Pro asap with my discount or do you think it is worth waiting for the updated MacBook Pro whenever that comes out?
     
  2. drfp25 macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 12, 2008
    Location:
    Alabama
    #2
    buy it now, sell it on ebay before the new models come out.
     
  3. kntgsp macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2004
    #3
    You do realize that with your discount purchase, even once the old models drop due to the revisions, you can likely sell yours for the same price you bought it?

    I'd do this once a year with my student discount. Right before the revisions I'd buy an imac with my discount, resell it for a few hundred profit, and use it to buy a nicer option on the laptop revision.
     
  4. kjs862 macrumors 65816

    kjs862

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2004
    #4
    I think it depends on how much is a discount you get, what is it?
     
  5. scott85213 macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 19, 2007
    #5
    I bet it's 15-20% which is what developers get.
     
  6. kntgsp macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2004
    #6
    The student discount is $200 on all three configurations.

    I would hope it's at least that. And as long as you sell it before the new ones come out, you're fine. The value doesn't drop until after the revisions drop.
     
  7. kntgsp macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2004
    #7
    Those are developers. I doubt they give that to the peons that man the doors at the local store.

    Depends on how high he is in the company.
     
  8. workin4apple thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2008
    #8
    come on guys

    i cant tell you my discount, thats why i cant even put my initials in the screen name. apple has people looking for employees like me who talk on these things. my discount is more than 20%... thats what i can tell you.
     
  9. kntgsp macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2004
    #9
    Oh well then it's not even up for debate. Buy it now and sell it before the update. Or heck, keep it until the update. You'd still be able to sell if for more than what you bought it for.
     
  10. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

    SchneiderMan

    Joined:
    May 25, 2008
    Location:
    Apple state
    #10
    BS
     
  11. workin4apple thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2008
  12. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

    SchneiderMan

    Joined:
    May 25, 2008
    Location:
    Apple state
    #12
    lol your member name is "workin4apple" :D

    :rolleyes:
     
  13. workin4apple thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2008
    #13
    dude theres thousands of people working for apple. that doesnt give away anything
     
  14. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2008
    Location:
    Connecticut
    #14
    If you need it now, get it now. If you don't, then wait until you need the computer.
     

Share This Page