Should I buy a macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Petered, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Petered macrumors newbie

Should I get one are they worth it. And powerful enough to do dreamweaver and virtual dj and ableton!

2. vistadude macrumors 65816

No, the screen is too small. A desktop with a faster processor and big screen would be much better for that kind of stuff.

3. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

before you jump the gun...

You need to think about what you really need with the computer first. Do you need to have a computer with portability to it? I do agree...a standard macbook probably won't have enough hoo-rah to do what you need it to. But, you could get a macbook pro and have more than enough power to do all that good stuff :) But of course, if you can deal with a desktop, then by all mean go ahead and pick one up. Cheers!

4. Ljw1976 macrumors member

i feel the applications your running would be macbook sufficient

5. AaronSC101 macrumors newbie

I run dreamweaver all the time along with photoshop iMovie, Pages, itunes and a chrome with a bunch of tabs running all the time and my macbook runs smoothly. I think you'll be fine. If you are too worried about it just pay for the extra ram.

6. tpg macrumors regular

I'm running a 3 year old macbook with photoshop, light gaming, virtualising linux OSes, programming etc... with no problems. The new macbook would probably do just fine, although of course a desktop will be a lot faster for the same money.

(NB, regarding screen size, I run a 24" monitor off mine when doing more serious work. If mine can cope with that without issue, so can the new one!)

7. KingNush macrumors newbie

Yea There Portable , YOu Can Run Windows And There What Pro's USE! Buy It NOW! :D