Should I buy a macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Petered, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Petered macrumors newbie

Aug 5, 2010
    Should I get one are they worth it. And powerful enough to do dreamweaver and virtual dj and ableton!
  2. vistadude macrumors 65816

Jan 3, 2010
    No, the screen is too small. A desktop with a faster processor and big screen would be much better for that kind of stuff.
  3. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

May 12, 2010
    Prescott, AZ
    before you jump the gun...

You need to think about what you really need with the computer first. Do you need to have a computer with portability to it? I do agree...a standard macbook probably won't have enough hoo-rah to do what you need it to. But, you could get a macbook pro and have more than enough power to do all that good stuff :) But of course, if you can deal with a desktop, then by all mean go ahead and pick one up. Cheers!
  4. Ljw1976 macrumors member

Oct 12, 2008
    i feel the applications your running would be macbook sufficient
  5. AaronSC101 macrumors newbie

Sep 16, 2010
    I run dreamweaver all the time along with photoshop iMovie, Pages, itunes and a chrome with a bunch of tabs running all the time and my macbook runs smoothly. I think you'll be fine. If you are too worried about it just pay for the extra ram.
  6. tpg macrumors regular

Mar 19, 2010
    I'm running a 3 year old macbook with photoshop, light gaming, virtualising linux OSes, programming etc... with no problems. The new macbook would probably do just fine, although of course a desktop will be a lot faster for the same money.

(NB, regarding screen size, I run a 24" monitor off mine when doing more serious work. If mine can cope with that without issue, so can the new one!)
  7. KingNush macrumors newbie

Jul 25, 2010
    US NC
    Yea There Portable , YOu Can Run Windows And There What Pro's USE! Buy It NOW! :D