Should I buy a MBP 17 right now?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Legind, Sep 5, 2010.

  1. Legind macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2010
    #1
    I'm heading to the mall in a couple of hours, just want an input if you guys think I should buy it now, or just wait a couple of months for a new one.
     
  2. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #2
    There won't be an update anytime soon, my guess is early 2011. Just buy now
     
  3. Legind thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2010
    #3
    1 vote for buy now, i should of made a poll xD
     
  4. surfologist87 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2010
    #4
    I just bought the 13" on Friday! I say do it!

    I am happy with it. There shouldnt be any updates for quite a few months. And when there are and you really think you want it, throw this one on Craigslist and get the new one. If you think its that important, you will only lose a little cash
     
  5. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2010
    Location:
    Southern Ontario
  6. ZMRoach macrumors regular

    ZMRoach

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2007
    Location:
    Seattle
    #6
    I'd say go for it now. I just got my new 15" MBP last week and I'm not regretting it at all.
     
  7. Legind thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2010
  8. MartyF81 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2010
    Location:
    Chicago IL
    #8
    I just bought mine last week. In my opinion... unless Apple has an upcoming "Event" scheduled you should just buy one. If you are waiting for the next update.... you will always be waiting... something new is always around the corner.
     
  9. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

    iPhone1

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2010
    Location:
    San Diego, CA
    #9
    Don't expect another event until Jan. for the next iPad. Maybe the one more thing might be a new MBA. Doubt they will refresh the MBP line anytime soon.
     
  10. Legind thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2010
    #10
    Sucks I can only max out to 1.75TB on the macbook by removing the optical bay, but I guess 1TB will do.

    5 people so far said i should buy it today, looks like I will.
     
  11. bamf macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2008
    #11
    I'd say buy it now. Get an SSD for you OS and apps though - makes a huge difference.
     
  12. Legind thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2010
  13. DiamondGCoupe macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2007
    #13
    Order online with SSD. THey won't have those in stores.. Worth the price. But no sense in waiting.
     
  14. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #14
    Or buy the stock model and buy the SSD from aftermarket. That way you get better SSD and you can keep the 500GB HD for backups
     
  15. mk1ap macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2009
  16. tigert07 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2010
  17. CaoCao macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2010
    #17
    If you need it now then buy it, though I'm pro wait until Early 2011 refresh
    My Early 2009 MacBook is still more than adequate despite it three refreshes since, so you probably wont be disappointed if you buy now (but then again my MacBook is still on the same architecture as the current ones so I'm not so sure)
     

Share This Page