Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Legind

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2010
I'm heading to the mall in a couple of hours, just want an input if you guys think I should buy it now, or just wait a couple of months for a new one.

surfologist87

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010
I just bought the 13" on Friday! I say do it!

I am happy with it. There shouldnt be any updates for quite a few months. And when there are and you really think you want it, throw this one on Craigslist and get the new one. If you think its that important, you will only lose a little cash

MartyF81

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2010
Chicago IL
I just bought mine last week. In my opinion... unless Apple has an upcoming "Event" scheduled you should just buy one. If you are waiting for the next update.... you will always be waiting... something new is always around the corner.

iPhone1

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2010
Don't expect another event until Jan. for the next iPad. Maybe the one more thing might be a new MBA. Doubt they will refresh the MBP line anytime soon.

Legind

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2010
Sucks I can only max out to 1.75TB on the macbook by removing the optical bay, but I guess 1TB will do.

5 people so far said i should buy it today, looks like I will.

bamf

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2008
I'd say buy it now. Get an SSD for you OS and apps though - makes a huge difference.

CaoCao

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
If you need it now then buy it, though I'm pro wait until Early 2011 refresh
My Early 2009 MacBook is still more than adequate despite it three refreshes since, so you probably wont be disappointed if you buy now (but then again my MacBook is still on the same architecture as the current ones so I'm not so sure)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.