Should I buy a MBP now?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AppleFanBoy888, Jul 22, 2011.

  1. AppleFanBoy888 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2010
    #1
    Hi all,

    I really want to buy a new Macbook Pro but I'm not sure if I should wait for a refresh... What is Ivy Bridge? Should I wait for that? I also noticed that the new Macbook Airs and Mac Mini has Bluetooth 4... What's new about 4.0?

    Sorry for the trouble! Thanks
     
  2. Titanium81 macrumors 6502a

    Titanium81

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2011
    #2
    That's it, I was going to buy a MBP but now, I have to wait until it gets Bluetooth 4.0 and a Liquid Metal case :)
     
  3. Chiuy macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 24, 2011
    Location:
    NorCal, Bay Area
    #3
    Rumors rumors rumors...
    I highly doubt there's going to be liquid metal for the MBP.
    Also, a refresh could be next week, next month, in 6 months, or even up to next year. Apple keeps thing very secretive and no one knows.
    So... if you really want to get a MBP, get it now. In my opinion, it's not worth the wait.
     
  4. palpatine macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    May 3, 2011
    #4
    hi. welcome to the forums.

    you should buy what you want when you want to do it. here is a link to help you figure it out.
    http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

    ivy bridge is a processor that doesn't exist yet. you should wait for it if you want something better than the current processor. you can search on the internet for lots of speculation about it.

    i didn't know about bluetooth 4. i guess it is lower energy, so perhaps more battery friendly.
     
  5. Chiuy macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 24, 2011
    Location:
    NorCal, Bay Area
    #5
    Here's one: If you're asking... should I buy a MBP now, then you should just buy one.
     
  6. TheGenerous macrumors 6502a

    TheGenerous

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2010
    Location:
    I'm an Austronaut
    #6
    Every six months people come and ask if they should buy certain apple computer, and almost all the time the newer product has twice something.

    Since this event occurs every six months, either you buy it now or never because the dilema will be the same despite your wait
     

Share This Page