Should I buy a new 13" Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by pinchez, Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinchez macrumors member

Every 2 years I buy a new Macbook with 3 years Applecare then sell my old ones with 1 year cover remaining. I currently own a 13" 2.4Ghz, 4GB, 500GB HD Unibody Macbook that is coming up to 2 years old.

My next logical upgrade would be the same spec Macbook Pro with the new GPU but that's the only major difference from my current one. I do play games so the new GPU would be welcome but I don't want to purchase now then in a few months a better spec model comes out.

I don'y know what to do, Is it worth going from my Macbook to a Macbook pro, When will the new Macbook Pro's be out and how much do you think I would get for my current Macbook to offset the cost?

Also if I buy now i could get a 8GB Touch on promotion.

2. Ann P macrumors 68020

Seeing as the MacBook Pros were just refreshed, there won't be another one for a while. I'm thinking Spring '11 if not this November. The big plus is you get a free iPod Touch right now, which you can sell off to make up for your laptop purchase. I actually sold my iPod Touch for $150 to a friend. With this advantage along with the student discount, I saved over $250. Act fast!

3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.