Should I buy a new iMac now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by 93MPH, Dec 19, 2008.

  1. 93MPH macrumors member

    Dec 19, 2008
    I currently have iMac G4 running 10.3.9 with 1GHZ and 256 MB RAM. I think its time to upgrade. I was wondering if I should buy a new iMac now or is there a very very very good possibility that a new one is going to be released soon? I would only wait to buy one if a new design is going to be released but as for tiny upgrades it really wont matter to me.

    If I were to buy a new iMac now and a new one comes out next month will I be able to exchange it just like they did with the iphone when the iphone 3G came out?

    Thank you for anyone that thelps:)
  2. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

    Oct 11, 2005
    Referring to the Macrumors buyers guide:

    Last time the iMac was updated was in April, so the possibility of a new iMac coming out soon is pretty good, so I'd wait unless you needed the computer right away.
  3. Sky Blue Guest

    Sky Blue

    Jan 8, 2005
  4. Duff-Man macrumors 68030


    Dec 26, 2002
    Albuquerque, NM
    Duff-Man says....You ought to search the forums as well as check the buyer's guide as I believe there have been several "should I buy an iMac now or wait" threads in the last week or two....oh yeah!
  5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn


    Mar 23, 2005
    I'm definitely going with this especially with those cool new Core 2 Quads coming soon.
  6. thomahawk macrumors 6502a


    Sep 3, 2008
    Osaka, Japan
    no, wait for the next update. it looks very promising!
  7. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

    Cheffy Dave

    Feb 5, 2007
    Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    In a word WAIT!
  8. 93MPH thread starter macrumors member

    Dec 19, 2008
    What is the return policy for purchases made through the apple store? will I be able to return it buy Jan 9 just in case?

Share This Page