Should i buy a new macbook pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jonnylo, Jun 29, 2011.

  1. jonnylo macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2011
    #1
    Hi guys,

    my first time posting! im planning to buy a new macbook pro since i spilt water on my macbook and it wasnt worth fixing. I have read the 'buying guide' on this forum and i understand the current macbook pro is in mid cycle, im just wondering when you guys think an updated macbook pro will be released? I don't want to get one and find out a new one comes out in several months time!

    Any advice will be much appreciated :)
     
  2. simsaladimbamba

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2010
    Location:
    located
    #2
    New ones will come in early 2012, when Intel releases its new CPUs, unless you would be put off by even a slight speed bump, which may or may not happen in the Autumn, but it is very unlikely to happen anyway.
    Also know, that the 2012 release of the MBPs is rumoured to be a redesign.
     
  3. Dresevski macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 6, 2011
    Location:
    Minnesnowda
  4. Young Spade macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2011
    Location:
    Tallahassee, Florida
    #4
    Same here. I'm hoping they would be a little cheaper as well.
     
  5. tim100 macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    May 25, 2009
    #5
    i would get a macbook air when its updated to sandy bridge
     
  6. MJNBGA macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2011
    Location:
    New Zealand
    #6
    There are so many threads on this subject! Bottom line: if you need it - buy it. If you don't - wait! Also, if you want portability, wait for the new MacBook Airs and look into them.
     
  7. Dark Void macrumors 68030

    Dark Void

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2011
    Location:
    Cimmerian End
    #7
    if you want a pro then just get it now if you want one now, it's going to be a while for a refresh.
     
  8. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2010
    #8
    I hope the new MBA are worth the wait. I can't wait. I've been without a Mac for about month now. :(
     
  9. Apple 26.2 Contributor

    Apple 26.2

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2011
    Location:
    What up, 212?!
  10. skier777 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2010
    #11
    If you want a pro, get it now. If you want an air, wait til August.
     
  11. tombubi macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2011
    #12
    If you need it right now, just buy it. If you do wait till next year and find out there is no redesign, you will be put off.
     

Share This Page