should i buy a new MBP 17inch for $2000 or wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sneakymcsneak, Jun 4, 2008.

  1. sneakymcsneak macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2008
    #1
    should i just wait until i really need a laptop? i'm just getting out of high school and going into community college where i will do pretty basic work. but eventually i want transfer and i want to get into video editing so i thought maybe i could take advantage of this deal. what do you think?
     
  2. savvos macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2007
    #2
    When do you need it?

    When are you starting classes? If it's not until the fall, I would say either wait a bit. I suspect the MBP will see an update before the end of the promotion. If there isn't an update and the promotion is nearing an end, go ahead and buy one. Even if there is an update soon afterwards, you will have either an iPod or ~$250 in your pocket from selling said iPod, so you won't feel too sad.
     

Share This Page