Should i buy a refurbished macbook now?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mokeyboy128, Mar 5, 2008.

1. mokeyboy128 macrumors member

I recently just saw that in the apple store they have refurbished macbooks for $850. Ive been wanting a macbook for the longest time and im really tired of my crapppy windows laptop. I have enough money to purchase it now, but my father said that this would probably be the laptop im taking to college in a few years (im just in highschool) as opposed to buying a macbook right before college.

Will this macbook last me for awhile? and like will i be missing out on like super cooler stuff in a few years if i wasnt to buy it right before college.

thanks

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Wait until the summer for the back to school offer with a free-iPod and printer.

3. mokeyboy128 thread starter macrumors member

I already have a ipod and i already have a printer, so i dont need those things

4. gregdrummeraz macrumors 6502

its worth an extra 2 hundred to get the extended applecare. which will cover you till college.

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

No one said you couldn't sell them either. I've used that offer to get a free iPod and just sold it for an even greater discount on new hardware.

Page 1 suggests another MacBook update in June so getting it now would mean you'd be 2 updates behind. I have to agree with the assessment.

6. Lucascsula macrumors regular

Buy one. You won't regret it. Refurbished Macs ROCK. They're basically brand new.

7. mokeyboy128 thread starter macrumors member

What i am asking is, if i were to buy a refurb macbook now, will that last me till collage in 2 years? Like will it still run fast and be able to do my daily tasks. I would imagine if i upgraded the ram it would be able to make it!

8. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Yes, it will serve you well for 2 years. It's not a bad laptop but remember that it has no DVD burner.

You might want to hold out for a few more months to see how the market shakes down. You might end up with a better Macbook at around the same price.