Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mokeyboy128

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2008
I recently just saw that in the apple store they have refurbished macbooks for $850. Ive been wanting a macbook for the longest time and im really tired of my crapppy windows laptop. I have enough money to purchase it now, but my father said that this would probably be the laptop im taking to college in a few years (im just in highschool) as opposed to buying a macbook right before college.

Will this macbook last me for awhile? and like will i be missing out on like super cooler stuff in a few years if i wasnt to buy it right before college.

thanks

mokeyboy128

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2008
I already have a ipod and i already have a printer, so i dont need those things

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
No one said you couldn't sell them either. I've used that offer to get a free iPod and just sold it for an even greater discount on new hardware.

Page 1 suggests another MacBook update in June so getting it now would mean you'd be 2 updates behind. I have to agree with the assessment.

mokeyboy128

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2008
What i am asking is, if i were to buy a refurb macbook now, will that last me till collage in 2 years? Like will it still run fast and be able to do my daily tasks. I would imagine if i upgraded the ram it would be able to make it!

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
Yes, it will serve you well for 2 years. It's not a bad laptop but remember that it has no DVD burner.

You might want to hold out for a few more months to see how the market shakes down. You might end up with a better Macbook at around the same price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.