Should I buy a UMBP Now?? Which One??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by GadgetAddicted, Jun 11, 2009.

1. GadgetAddicted macrumors regular

I noticed the new Macbook Pros and I have been wanting to get a new Macbook Pro. I will be buying a 24" iMac for sure in September but that aside, I need to buy a Macbook Pro that I will also NEED when my Univ term starts.

Should I buy one NOW or should I wait and buy it together with the iMac?? I do NOT need the Macbook Pro right now because my company gave me a laptop for the summer but that 2.53 ghz refurb Macbook Pro deals looks so scrumptious!!

Here are my options (Note: All prices are in Canadian Dollars):
    - Refurb 2.4 Ghz MBP - $1549 ($1849 with 128gb SSD)
    - Refurb 2.53 Ghz MBP - $1649
    - New 2.53 Ghz MBP - $1849
    - New 2.66 Ghz MBP - $2149
    - eBay New 2.53 Ghz MBP - $2200

Anything above that is pretty much out of my reach. I need your opinions. If i buy a MBP today, it would just sit there and I wouldn't use it for the rest of the month! But I do not want the 2.53 ghz deal to go out!!!

Will it stay in stock? How often will it restock? Should I buy one now? Should I wait? Which one should I buy?

Your input would be GREATLY appreciated!!

2. King James macrumors member

If you can wait until snow leopard comes out, why not I say. It is only a $10 shipping/handling fee to upgrade if you were to buy now, but why not just wait and have it come loaded on there if you can. It really doesn't matter either way as the free ipod should probably still be offered in september

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

The Back To School promo ends the first week of September.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

If you plan on buying AppleCare, you'll want to purchase the monitor on the same invoice so it's covered as well.

5. GadgetAddicted thread starter macrumors regular

Actually, the free iPod deal does not apply to refurbished deals. I have an iPhone 3G already so i dont really need an iPod. Just trying to look for a good deal.

Sure I can wait but do you think the 2.53 ghz will be gone by then?

6. GadgetAddicted thread starter macrumors regular

Im planning on buying Applecare from eBay...i know some are scams but 95% success stories.

7. GadgetAddicted thread starter macrumors regular