Should I buy a wireless mouse for my macbook pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Troy Boy, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Troy Boy macrumors newbie

I would love to have the new wireless mouse. Would it make using my mac book any easier..? How about the wireless keyboard? anybody?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

It's a preference, but I find that mice make a lot of precision based tasks much much easier.

3. Ann P macrumors 68020

In general, I prefer to use a mouse along with my MacBook. It's much easier for gaming, photoshop, etc. As far as the keyboard, I don't need it. It depends on what you use your MacBook for I assume.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The last time I tried out a wireless mouse, I found it less precise then its wired brethren so have so far avoid wireless mice. As others have stated, it all boils down to personal preference.

5. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

A wireless mouse makes all tasks much simpler. I just purchased the bluetooth keyboard for my MBP. It's works great when I am running AutoCAD. :D

6. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I rarely use my MBP keyboard. I love having a wireless mouse and keyboard to attach to it.

I bought the magic mouse and adore it. Its nice not having to plug in a receiver. Same goes for the keyboard. I used to hate the apple wireless keyboard but have since warmed to it.

7. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

I use the Wireless keyboard (3 battery slim) and the Magic Mouse and they both increase my productivity to a high degree. My primary reason on going with them is, well, I like them. Both very easy to use especially for long sessions. Second but equally as important was the warranty which is perpetual as long as you have a mac under Applecare. Asthetics were third. ;)

8. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

On my ibook I had a USB mouse plugged into it when on the computer for a long time. I have the machine on my lap, though I use the mouse on the palmrest lol:D

9. Lucbert macrumors regular

Lucbert

I I were you, I'd get a wireless mouse.
    Since the MacBook Pro only has two USB ports I would go for a bluetooth mouse instead of one of these 2,4 GhZ mouses.

10. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Depends how you use your MacBook Pro. Whenever I am at home, I have it connected to my external monitor, so to make it more comfortable/easier I got a wireless mouse and keyboard and I don't regret it one bit. I don't know how I would be able to use the big monitor typing on my MacBook Pro. When on the road, I never bring my mouse. To be honest, I actually prefer using the trackpad most of the time, but it just isn't the best solution the way I use it right now.
    If I manage to clean up my table sometime soon, I will post a picture to give you an idea of my set up and how I use it.

11. JaZzMaN251 macrumors regular

JaZzMaN251

Apple wireless keyboards

Is Apple selling wireless keyboards with numpad?
    I only find these with USB connection (cord)

12. lilskaterpunk macrumors regular

lilskaterpunk

I prefer to use a wireless/bluetooth mouse with any laptop, its much easier and faster to perform tasks. Since I plan on buying a MBP soon, I would be purchasing a bluetooth mouse with it :)

13. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Definitely buy a mouse, wireless or wired is up to you.

14. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

its a matter of choosing the right one, in my opinion.....

Bluetooth isn't always the best reliability for a mouse and may provide a slow feedback. However if you want no cords, or receivers go for a bluetooth. I've heard okay reviews of the razer orochi.

If you don't mind a receiver, Logitech (and Microsoft too....obviously, can't come up with their own ideas) has a mouse with a Unifying receiver. HOWEVER, the receiver is VERY small and it looks like it could be left in at all times.

One is called the Anywhere Mouse MX: LINK

Another one is called the Performance Mouse MX: LINK

Finally, here's a review for both mice: LINK

As far as a keyboard goes.....I like the bluetooth apple keyboard :) there is no use in changing your typing style from one computer to another keyboard.

15. lilskaterpunk macrumors regular

lilskaterpunk

I have had a Logitech BT mouse for almost 3 years now and its awesome! I don't notice any lag or issues. Plus u do not need a USB receiver, BT works like a charm :)
    V270 Cordless Optical Notebook Mouse for Bluetooth
    http://www.giantmike.com/reviews/LogitechV270.html
    System Requirements:
    * Mac OS X 10.2.8 or later
    * Bluetooth enabled computer (built in or via adapter)

16. DivineEvil macrumors regular

I'd recommend the v470. It has 2 buttons, a wheel + button, and when you tilt the wheel left or right that is 2 more buttons. So a total of 5 buttons and a wheel. Not bad at all :) and I got a refurb at eBay for 25$ :)

17. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Sorry, the wireless ones are only without num pads. I want a wireless one with a num pad, but oh well...:(