Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by TheJae, Aug 28, 2012.
or wait until september event? I cant seem to find it in the Buyer's Guide.
I think you're safe to buy now.
The current Apple TV has been released in February 2012, thus it is unlikely to get any new features, as it is already 1080p capable and frankly, the Apple TV is still a hobby for Apple, and they treat it like one in the public. Maybe there will be a new Apple TV, maybe there won't, you could always sell your Apple TV 3 if the newer Apple TV is better suited for your needs. Or you wait two more weeks.
Given its relative inexpensive and you need one now go and buy one. Given that we are nearly in September just wait three weeks and decide then.
I would be shocked if there is any new hardware released. I hope that there will soon be an App Store for the Apple TV, but I believe any new apps will leverage the existing hardware.
I would recommend waiting until at least the iPod event, which may or may not be the same as the smaller iPad event. You never know when Apple will decide to add some upgrade that will make you kick yourself in a year or so. You likely won't have this problem with an ATV right now, but it's only a month or so.
Dont wait a minute longer. get it quickly!!
I wouldnt expect an update soon, but you never know. If youre worried, wait until after the upcoming events.
I can't imagine what else they can really do it right now. I think the next big update is going to be an App Store with more channels. It can do 1080P, it has the needed connections. Only thing I can they could add hardware wise is wireless HD connections but I just don't see that happening. I think they will ride this a while with just software updates until the figure out what they are going to do.(i.e. build a TV, build a DVR/cable box, or just stick with streaming)
They could add more storage that's for sure.
They could but with their emphasis on the cloud and streaming I don't think they will.
I bought 2 in the last 2 weeks to replace my original Apple TVs. The new ones are great, and as others have said, there isn't much to add hardware wise. The next couple "upgrades" are like to be software in my opinion.
You've waited too long already, go buy one NOW! And if something better does come out buy that one too! Anything to keep the stock rocking!
Love my apple tv
Go buy one now. It is great. I love the IPad mirroring. Plus if a new one comes out you can alway upgrade after they work all the kinks out of the new product (usually takes more than a month) and sell your old one. I have never had an issue selling my older Apple product and usually get 75% of what I originally spent. When I bought the latest Apple TV for $99 I sold my old one on Craigslist for $50. I realize thats only 50% but I sold it the same day I bought the new one.
Too bad, ATV2's in my area are going for around $200!
To the OP, whatever it is you want to do with it, I'm sure it can wait 2 weeks. As we all said, there's a very slim chance of any update in the next event but it probably won't hurt to wait and see.
for what? Apps?
Just ordered a refurb for 85 bucks. My 1st ATV3 refurb was 90 bucks so they are dropping in price. The new OS should be out shortly after the new iOS comes out, hopefully with NFL and more.
Actually I'd recommend a Roku over the TV.
If the rumored AirPlay without needing to connect with wifi is part of the new iPhone / iPod / iPad then there will be a AppleTV.