Should I buy an iMac now or wait until March?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by danterizzo, Jul 29, 2009.

1. danterizzo macrumors newbie

I was wanting to get an iMac for my 16th birthday which is in August. My parents made me an offer that if I waited to get an iMac in March 2010 than they would give me $500-$700 for my birthday and when March comes they will buy me an iMac. I can't decide what I should do. I am starting a youtube channel and making videos more often so I thought I should get an iMac as for its video editing software. What do you all think?

2. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

The typical, and most sensible, reply to the "buy now or wait?" question is to base your decision on your own needs.

Do you need the iMac now to do the things you described? If so, then buy it now. If your current computer does what you need it to, at least for now, then wait.

3. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

Anyone asking the question can wait. Wait as long as you can. Then buy.

4. joehahn macrumors regular

looking at it from the outside getting it now is just wrong

take the money now, and then wait for the imac

5. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

+1

6. Nickm4N macrumors member

Why wait so long before the next upgrade (who knows when it will be) when you can buy one now (the current iMac will fit your needs perfectly, and beyond) and start using it right away + having fun.

But in the end, it's your call.

7. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

I agree with those saying that if you don't need it yet, don't get it. Use whatever you have now until it can't get the job done (you'll hit this with gaming).

Besides, maybe the next revision will be a whole lot better; and if it's not, buy a close-out for less $$$ and pocket the rest.