Should I Buy an Ipad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by austinlallen, Sep 25, 2011.

1. austinlallen macrumors member

I have a Macbook pro 13" C2D that someone wants to buy for $800 and if i sell it i might get an ipad 2. The only thing i use on the mb pro is social media and is no very useful to me since i have an imac 27".

If I get an ipad 2 would it be useful for multimedia and social media. Also the Ipad has more addictive apps and has a better experience than the mb pro and might use it more than i would the mb pro

If you Own an ipad, do you like it and do you think it has a better experience.

P.s. I know i will not be able to do more advanced games and such on the ipad but i never use the mb pro for that purpose, i just want some entertainment out of it

Thanks For replies

2. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

I think that's a good deal. The iPad 2 is a sweet little media consumption device.
    The only trap could be: its Flash-free. If some of your sides need flash it will not work. But for the rest you will enjoy.

3. rubymooree macrumors newbie

I guess it is not problem, as his main purpose is social media engagement.;)

4. palpatine macrumors 68040

5. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

He could also download apps like Puffin or iswifter to view Flash content

6. Macuserjoe macrumors newbie

Macuserjoe

I had a MBP sold it and I got the iPad 2 as i have the iMac 21"
    It was a great idea as i only used the mbp to watch movies and surf the web on while away from home.