iPad Should I buy an iPad 3 now so I can JB?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Nrwrit3r, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

Just wondering if I should get one now? My birthday is in July and I think I'll end up getting one from my parents...but if it's jailbreakable now, would it make sense to buy it immediately so I can make sure I can JB it?

2. adamj575 macrumors 6502

adamj575

well, id imagine ios6 wont be released until the new iphone comes out prolly in october...so id say any time before then you should be fine jailbreaking...assuming they dont do an incremental upgrade to 5.1.2...

3. Dav1, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012

Dav1 macrumors 6502

If it is important to you to have a Jailbroken device, then you know that the device available today can be jailbroken! The device might or might not be jail breakable tomorrow. Look at the iPad2 there where demos of a jailbroken iPad2 released almost at once, but the actual jailbreak took months to happen.

I hear that it is possible we will see IOS6 before the next iPhone, we know that Apple chooses to play a cat and mouse game. No one has their hands on an IOS 6 version today, the versions that exist are all betas, and the only thing we know is they will change before the final release...

4. -TYLER macrumors regular

5. Nrwrit3r thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh, I thought there's a change they may release another 5.x?

6. -TYLER macrumors regular

When they do that they come out with a new jailbreak in a few days to a week.

7. Happytodd macrumors regular

It was clearly stated that iOS 6 will be released next season.

Now should you buy an iPad 3 now? Sure why not, go and Jailbreak it. Because once iOS 6 is officially released there may not be a untethered Jailbreak out for it straight away! :)

8. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

not necessarily. if ios6 is only several months away, the JB team may not expend the effort to devise another ios 5.x.y JB, assuming that apple closes the 5.1.1 exploit.

if past history is any indication, afterr the JB for 4.3.3 was released, they did not JB 4.3.4 & 4.3.5 ...people had to wait until 5.01 for the next jailbreak.

if the OP wants a jailbreakable ipad, buy it now.

9. JMG macrumors 6502a

JMG

Really? How long did is take them to jb 5.0.1?