Should "I" Buy an iPad 3?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by snorlax slayer, Mar 18, 2012.

1. snorlax slayer macrumors newbie

So i've been thinking about buying an iPad 3 a lot lately. I have an iPad 1 16gb but am not a big fan of the screens quality. I use my iPad for movies, (sometimes but rarely) books, time-management (calendar and reminders mainly), personal economics, web-browsing, you-tubing, gaming, pages and keynote, music and skyping.

If I am to buy the new iPad, I would buy the 64gb (non 4g). Since I am in switzerland, this would cost me 900CHF including accessories which is around 950USD. I am also worried that a new and better iPad will come out or that the iPad I already have might be good enough for the job.

So... should I buy it? :confused:

2. Jspring86 Suspended

Jspring86

Depends on your needs. If you plan to watch a lot of movies I would personally make the upgrade, the screen is gorgeous.

I don't think you have to worry about a new iPad coming out for about a year, that seems to be the release cycle for the iPad.

If you can afford it and use your current iPad a lot, I'd say go for it! :apple:

3. maclook macrumors 65816

You should take your iPad 1 to the store and compare it to the new one. You are getting a lot of upgrades (screen, memory, 64gb, speed, graphics, size and weight, etc) but whether it's worth the investment is be up to you. Every iPad activity benefits from the retina display so all of your personal uses will get a boost.

4. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

For movies ... Absolutely. Buy one, you won't be disappointed.

Side by side with my iPad2 I find the improved display of the new model quite nice. It's not quite as dramatic as some would have you believe, but for movies I believe you'd appreciate it.

I on the other hand, only enjoy movies shown on my dedicated home theatre. Once one gets used to a 65" Samsung Smart LED TV, it's no longer appealing to watch on a small screen.

5. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

I had the iPad1 .... never got the iPad2 ... and just upgraded to the iPad3....

YA .... It's Worth It!

I wouldn't go back if you paid me.

6. diannao macrumors regular

If you don't read with the screen close to your face (say, in bed) then the iPad 3rd gen may not be worth it for you.

You may wish to wait until iOS 6 is released and see if it slows down the iPad 2 -- if not, that might be the more cost-effective upgrade.

7. Viper2005 macrumors 6502

Viper2005

The upgrade would be worth it for the increased RAM (from 256 to 1024) alone! That was the number one beef I had with the iPad 1.

8. Jonesy76 macrumors newbie

I've just upgraded from a 64GB iPad 1 to the iPad 3rd Generation and the step up is completely noticeable in all aspects of the device.
    Books are unbelievable
    Films look better
    Web browsing is a joy
    Emails look crisper
    Even the keyboard looks better

If you can afford it I'd say go for it