Should I buy an iPad mini if I already own an air 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jacoblee23, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

I have an apple watch, iPad air2, iPhone 6 plus, and the new MacBook pro 13". Something about the iPad Mimi's form factor though has me intrigued. If I did get one it would be a retina one. Is it redundant? Walmart has the base model (mini 2) on sale right now for $229.

2. imaccooper macrumors regular

imaccooper

I wouldn't do it because I don't need it, but it's completely up to you. Really the main question you should ask is what will you use it for. If you have a specific use in mind that it would be for, there is no problem with going for it.

3. David58117 macrumors 65816

I had an air and a retina mini for awhile.

The mini I just kept hooked up to a stereo..

Kind of felt redundant, so I sold the mini.

4. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

I have the iPad mini 2 and use it for book/document reading. It's smaller and lighter than my iPad Air 2, which I use for web surfing, and takes up less space when traveling. I feel it would make an excellent addition to your iOS device lineup, depending on your needs of course.

5. c55 macrumors regular

c55

I have an iPhone 6 Plus and a Retina Mini. There is no point in having a Mini unless there is a specific reason. Mine is because I got the mini first, it's engraved, and I can't afford an Air 2. I only use my mini for downloading and sharing photos off of my SD cards and for Internet browsing when I don't have a computer near by.

6. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

If you can afford it, go ahead. Life is too short, enjoy it. During commute, I would prefer the mini over my Air 2. I don't like fiddling around with a big screen on trains, buses, planes. Also, I find reading ebooks on the mini is better.

7. newellj macrumors 601

I did and don't regret it. The Mini is much easier to carry around during the day and commute (I commute on commuter rail). The color accuracy and size of the Air 2 display compared to the retina Mini (both versions) make any kind of video use (which I do a lot at home with the Air 2) a much better experience.

8. Happy Snowman macrumors newbie

Happy Snowman

Ultimately, the decision is yours. I would not, however. You wouldn't get anything special on your Mini that you couldn't get on your iPad Air.

9. magicman32, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2015

magicman32 macrumors regular

magicman32

I have an Air 2 and Mini 2 LTE I got refurbished on the cheap ($232/32GB) for a nav/music rig for my car via Bluetooth. Been wanting one for that purpose so I said what the hell. Can keep the Air 2 safe and secure at home and Mini for on the go.

10. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

YES!! You can buy whatever you want! You got a good money...Who can stop you from buying awesome Apple products?

11. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I would. I use all my different apple products in specific ways. I see a full size iPad in my immediate future

12. iGeek2014 macrumors 68000

I actually ditched my rMini 2 for an Air 2. Whilst the form factor for the rMini means it's ultra portable I went for the Air 2 for the better processor and more RAM.

13. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

I'm planning on getting air 2 and mini 4

Air for at home and mini for out and about and at work. If you would use it out and about I say yes