iPad mini Should I buy an iPad Mini now?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bwillard92, Jun 27, 2014.

1. bwillard92 macrumors newbie

I know the current iPad Mini has been out since last November. Anyways is it too late to buy one? I want to get one but will the iPad Mini 3 be coming out later this year. I don't want to regret buying an iPad Mini 2 if the iPad Mini 3 comes out soon.

2. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

If you have a use for it, get it now. Check out the Apple refurbished site. The iPad Mini w/retina is a great device.

3. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

4. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

A new iPad mini will likely come out this October.

If you want one know, however, you'll be able to at least enjoy it for at least another 3 or 4 months before a new model comes out.

The advantage of waiting are, obviously, new features (such as, possibly, Touch ID and a new-generation chip) and longer iOS support (because the hardware is newer).

5. roberthodgson macrumors regular

I picked up a 32GB Ipad Mini retina LTE last month no regrets I knew the new version is out in october if you can wait 120 Days or so then wait. But if you need one get it now.

You can always sell the current version down the line and buy the new one.

When I got mine I got the apple care plus as well I have been very happy with my decision to buy one.

6. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

the buyer's guide is kinda nuts. you basically can't buy anything unless it's been out for 3 months or less

7. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

This... Totally agree, I ignore ALL buyers guides as no one knows when Apple will launch new devices apart from Apple, any buyers guide is an educated guess you can do yourself.
    If you want it now buy it now, if you want the latest then wait and wait and wait... Your hardly going to have buyers remorse 4 months from now!

8. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

There's no reason that it couldn't be enjoyed for a good two years or more. Just because a new iPad comes out doesn't mean that the older models suddenly crack into two. My mom is still using the iPad 2 that I originally bought for my wife when it first came out; it works great for her and still decently fast and functional on the latest version of iOS.

9. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

If you need or want an iPad Mini, get one. Playing the waiting game is an exercise in futility, unless you want to buy a new product every time it is released, just to be able to say to others, that you have the latest Apple product.

10. sdimas macrumors member

I think it's more than just that. Most people want to get the best they can get, and if it means that they have to wait a couple months to get a much better product for virtually the same price many are willing to wait. Although the feeling of having the latest product is nice..until Apple decides to release a new one half a year later.

I will agree with most people and say that buy it if you absolutely need it, and wait if you don't require it immediately.

11. Rodster macrumors 68040

This late in the cycle, I say wait. There's a chance the rMini could replace the Mini.

12. Premium1 macrumors 6502a

Unless you need the latest and greatest, the retina mini is still a great tablet and the A7 chip is plenty good for most any tasks you throw at it

13. artfun macrumors member

I need/want one badly, but keep waiting for the last couple of months hoping the new one will be released soon with somehow something better :cool:

14. YMark macrumors 6502a

YMark

I bought one Friday. My thought is the new one probably coming in November isn't going to be much more than a spec bump.

15. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Now that 7.1.1 can be jail broken, perfect time to get an iPad mini