Should I buy an Iphone 3g?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AlexHaden, Jul 6, 2008.

1. AlexHaden macrumors newbie

Hello everyone, First post so be gentle!

My current £40 a month contract with orange is due to end. So im in the market for a new phone.

I have a 16gb Ipod touch that i love - and thats fills all my music / video needs.

I need email and Internet / GPS, in my pocket - not for any real world application, but for the "i want factor"

My major decision is this...

Get the iphone 16gb on 02

Get a TyTnII on Vodaphone. Both run at the £45 a month mark which im ok with - but im torn between the two.

Just dont know! I love the Touch and think its amazing - but i will have to pay £60 for a phone even on a £45 a month plan.

The TYTN on vodaphone (business) is free and Quidco has £130 cashback on all contracts taken out with Vodaphone during the month of July.

Help me choose Obi MacaKenobi's You are my only hope!

2. naujoks macrumors 6502

naujoks

iPhone. It's a no-brainer, really. The TyTN is one hell of a clunky device. I had one. Glad to have seen the last of it.

3. calculus Guest

calculus

Why not sell your Touch to offset the cost of the iPhone?

4. I am Sampson macrumors 6502

I am Sampson

That's exactly what I did. Got £165 for it (and it was engraved), probably more like £150 after all fees, but thats only £9 less than the iPhone (on the £30 contract I plan to get).
    My £35 phone contract with orange won't run out till january, but I'm still getting the iPhone as I'm crazy. (giving orange contract to wife who is currently on pay as you go)
    Anyway, its just up to you at the end of the day. 99.99% of people here will surely say iPhone, but that doesn't mean its right for you.

5. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

I am pretty sure everyone on here will say iPhone! I am one of these. Go for the iPhone 3G any day of the week. And, like has been said above, you will no longer need the iPod Touch, so sell it to pay the £59 for the 16GB iphone if you stay on £45/month, and pocket the rest. No brainer indeed.

6. PCMacUser macrumors 68000

PCMacUser

A friend of mine back in Oxford has the TyTnII - he's a real smartphone addict - and he says that it's great, except for the fact that the interface is extremely slow. So slow that he sometimes misses calls because the phone doesn't react in time to pick up. Now that's nasty. But if you don't make a lot of phone calls and you just want the bells and whistles, it's meant to be a good device.

7. AlexHaden thread starter macrumors newbie

Another option....

Keep the Touch for movies and video's & music

Use the Iphone as a phone for internet/email and fill it with /games apps from the app store.

Then i can have one in each hand while i walk down the street.

Wife is vying for the "stay as you are option" - which as it involves NOT spending money and NOT getting another gadget, has gone in one ear and outta the other...Pardon dear, what was that you said......

8. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

do what? not get Apple's newest product? that's bad advice - get the iPhone - lol

9. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

Lol. this sounds familiar. In the politest way possible, ignore it. :D