Should I buy an iPhone 4 or wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mattmichaud, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Mattmichaud macrumors newbie

I have a 3GS, which up until last night was fine. But the screen shattered last night and need a new phone, should I waste the upgrade now or wait for the new iPhone in a couple of months. Help! Thanks :)

2. vachargerfan macrumors regular

I doubt there is going to be a big update on the new phone. It will probably be like the 3g to 3gs. If you don't have a working phone, I would get it.

3. macpluslaptop macrumors 6502

Wait - you can buy a cheap interim phone new (non-smart) or you can look at Craig's list for another used iphone. Then switch out the sim card. When the new phone comes out, you'll be able to get the full value of your upgrade, minus $50-75 bucks.

4. Blaine macrumors 6502a

Blaine

5. chestvrg macrumors 65816

I got me the unlocked Galaxy S 16GB running on 850/1900MHz which I get at&t 3G signal. I'll wait.

Sent from my GT-I9000M

6. Mattmichaud thread starter macrumors newbie

I am at least "bundled in" with old unlimited data plan. Would I lose that that if went to a non smart phone?:confused:

7. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

get a used iPhone on craigslist and wait for the new one in a few months

then resell the old one for about the same price on craigslist

8. gdeusthewhizkid macrumors 6502a

how much are used iphone 4 going for on craigslist. I have a 3gs also..

9. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

10. aneftp macrumors 68040

Don't waste your upgrade. Wait for iPhone 5.

A cracked screen/digitizer is very easy to replace. The parts cost about $10-15. If you aren't comfortable replacing it yourself. Lots of guys (legit) will replace for glass/digitizer for under $40 in less than 15 minutes.

That's the way I would go.

Just search craigslist "iPhone repair"

11. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I'd wait until June or read the hundreds of threads on here covering the same topic this time of year.

12. martynov macrumors member

iPhone 5? I dont think so

I actually doubt the fact that there will be a newer iPhone. It makes no sense absolutely for them to go and release a new iPhone 5 when they are just starting to sign verizon customers. Just like people though there would be an iphone 4 after the 3G, there will be an iphone 4"s" with more attractive features but the same mold.

Keep in mind this my opinion so just like anyone else's judgment, it is biased and could be wrong.

13. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

im starting to doubt they will release a new iPhone since Verizon just came out with a new iPhone and the white iPhone 4 will release in spring

but im hopeful in Apple making a iPhone 4S?