Should I buy an iPod touch now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iBlob, May 11, 2009.

1. iBlob macrumors newbie

Hi

It's my birthday in June(18th)and my family are wondering what I want. I would like to get an iPod Touch (probably 16gb) but I know there are rumors that a new iPhone/iPod Touch is coming out in June. I was just wondering if I should wait until Christmas or whether it's not worth waiting/there won't be a new one in June

P.S. I don't want it to be outdated as soon as I buy it. :mad:

2. xhambonex macrumors 6502a

New iPhone in June. I don't know about the iPod touch. I know Mobile OS 3.0 will be released most likely with the new iPhone. So from then on out the iPod touch should come with the new OS. So at the least I would wait till then.

3. mrj205 macrumors regular

tell them you want an ipod touch, but you speculate it may be updated near your birthday, so tell them you want an apple gift card (not itunes). then you can use it to buy whenever you see fit.

http://store.apple.com/us/personalize/apple?product=MA210LL/B

4. diemos macrumors 6502

I don't know, I would wait, a bit more than a month left. you can do it.

5. lucamacis macrumors member

I would also wait. The gift card idea was good.

Unlikely there will be a new iPod touch but the software will be updated. If you wait then you won't have to pay the however much it is to upgrade it.

6. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

im not really sure how to gauge it considering Apples recent track record of going on their own accord and not following previous cycle dates.

usually iPods are updated for the most part after the back to school campaign...however with the push of 3.0 and all they may throw the touch related devices (iPhone & iPod Touch) out alittle early which may make sense than banking on old stock.

Im in the market for a new gen iPod touch myself aswell.
    I hope its a June release :)

7. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Based off Apple's previous iPod releases: September for the new Touch. You could wait 7 months for this version, or get the current version for your birthday, and deal with the fact that it won't be "new" anymore, 3 months later.

8. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

wait until after wwdc. they might not be updated, but should get OS 3.0 though for sure

9. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

New one in September, like every other year. New iPhone + 3.0 software in June, nothing more.

10. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...the apple gift card is the way to go for sure:apple: