Should I buy another?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by gman901, Feb 28, 2016.

1. gman901 macrumors 6502a

My wife asked me this morning when she will be getting my space grey 1.1 model. I told her I wasn't sure when the new models were coming out. So I noticed on Bestbuy they have the 512gb models on sale for $1299. I really wouldn't mind having the extra storage and wondering if I should wait for the next version and probably ending up with the base model again or go for the 512gb right now?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well, I'm not sure what the rumors are except that maybe another port may be added. Is that even plausible? I'm unsure. If you're super pleased with performance and everything, then taking the Best Buy deal may not be a bad idea. Let's face it, your wife is sitting there asking you to spend money and give her your hand-me-down? I'd say marry her, but you did. Now go make her happy and give her your used computer and buy a new shiny one!

Side note, they could get an update in March, but then it could be September/October. I feel like it could go either way, personally.

3. SteveJUAE macrumors 68000

SteveJUAE

Do it now just to please her :) if anything significant changes in the next 6 months you can always treat her again :) and flog off the old 1.1

4. gman901 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the recommendations! So I just asked her about it and she told me no, that I should wait for the new model to come out first because I switch around so much. I guess there's my answer! :)

5. kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

I've recently owned a SP4, DELL XPS 13 9350, iPad Pro, and a MacBook Pro Retina 13". I NOW own a 12" Macbook 8/256 and It's just about perfect. Perfect size, weight and performance.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Then wait you shall. :) She knows she'll have to wait too and I think her idea is a good one. Hopefully there is a March update.

7. phillyboy82 macrumors regular

phillyboy82

I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes through gear while finding something that fits. Many years and counting... :D

8. Quicklite macrumors regular

I'm weary about buying more than 1x first gen product - though that price is good.