Should i buy applecare for Iphone 3gs?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Macgirl12345, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Macgirl12345 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I was wandering if I should purchase apple care for the Iphone?
    Has any one bought it?

2. theeaglehasland macrumors newbie

As Apple bring out new models every year I haven't bought Applecare for my iPhones

3. ttopp macrumors regular

NO.. Well i dont think so. It covers if the phone has a fault only. If you loose or drop you iPhone thats not covered. It already has a one year warranty for if its faulty so you only get one year for the extra money. I got phone insurance from my service provider which is steep at £10 a month but covers for everything including theft,, faults and accidental damage. Which is what has killed many phones I've had :eek:.

4. Nuck81 macrumors regular

I ordered a 3Gs tonight and skipped on the Applecare. Didn't seem worth it to me.

5. macroars macrumors newbie

I do not know concerning iPhone, but my impression is that AC denotes faster and better service when it comes to Mac. It could be a reason....

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I agree.

7. johndavidwright macrumors member

8. psingh01 macrumors 65816

I bought it for my 3G right before the warranty expired. My 3G got dust under the screen and needed to get it replaced. If it happens again it will be covered and I won't have to pay whatever ridiculous price Apple would charge.

I don't upgrade the phone whenever a new one comes out though. The 3GS wasn't worth it for me to upgrade and unless the next one is much better then I won't upgrade either. New phones come with new 2 year contracts which I don't want!

9. harmonica01 macrumors 6502

The phone can take a ruthless beating as I've seen. Unless you are prone to accidents like dropping the phone into a boiling pot of water or the toilet, I really think you'll be fine. Take care of it and it should last your 2yr contract.

10. Mmacman macrumors newbie

Benefits o applecare

Here are the positives to AppleCare.
    1. Hardware warranty is extended to 2 years from date of phone purchase from the 1 year apple provides with phone.
    2. Phone support is also extended to 2 years instead of 90 days.
    3. Overnight replacement if your phone is defective. They send you a new phone THEN you return the old one.
    4. Carrier insurance plans are expensive and have high deductables. If you damage your 3GS apple will replace it for $149 which is about the same as the insurance deductable and you don't make monthly payments.