Should I buy AppleCare+ for my iPhone SE?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lovelinus, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Lovelinus macrumors newbie

Lovelinus

soooo I have this question :)
    I like to use my phones naked with no case and screen protector at all!

Have been doing this since the iPhone 3GS. The only time I broke my screen was my friend's doing. He tripped on the charging cable when I was charging my iPhone 5 . That said in Singapore we don't have a local Apple Store and the AASPs are horrendous I never want to go through them again.

It cost about USD $98 to get the AppleCare+ for the SE in my country, and one pro of getting AC+ is that I can go through AppleCare online and get express replacement service if I were to face issues with my SE, don't need to go through stupid AASPs! :)

However in retrospect I have only broke my iphone 5 and still it was my friend's doing, is it worth it?

2. ApplePersonFreak macrumors 6502

Yes, why not? If you were ever to break your phone it'd be way cheaper for a replacement than having to buy one OOW.

3. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

If is only $98 I would get it since coverage runs for 2 years if I'm not mistaking.

4. Lovelinus thread starter macrumors newbie

Lovelinus

Yeah it is about USD $98, two out of warranty replacements, with screen damage costing USD $30 and other damages costing USD $100. It will extend the warranty to two years, and I get to use the express replacement service and not go through the abysmal service from AASPs. Worth it?

5. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

Yes it is worth it.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you're not accident prone and for years you take care of your iPhones without breaking them I would skip it and not pay for it.
    Screen repairs are cheap enough if it happens. If not then you wasted the money.

7. laudern macrumors 6502a

Yeah I wouldn't get it if I were you. You are already paying $100 no matter if you use it or not and you will spend a total of $130. Let's say a screen replacement is around $150 or so. You are only paying that $150 if you break it. Where as you are paying $100 no matter what and add $30 if you actually do use it.

If you are careful with your phone and haven't really needed it in the past I'd play the odds that in the next 3 years you won't need it still.

8. Lovelinus thread starter macrumors newbie

Lovelinus

Hehe I think I'm quite careful with my phones. The last iPhone(s) I dropped were the 5S and 5C. Didn't drop my 6, 6S and during my 2-week stint with my iPhone 7. Just that I refuse to use my phone with a case and a screen protector - EVER!

I plan to use this SE as long as I can because I really love the size :)

9. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

That's the risk you take. But as long as you know the ramifications for drops, then I don't blame you.

10. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Never took the risk,using all my iPhones with cases and screen protectors from day one

11. James.K.Polk macrumors 6502a

Just to confirm - no .edu discount on AppleCare+, right? There's a pretty good discount on AC for Macs.

12. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

The OP sounds like they tend to take care of their phones. I would opt to not get AC+.