Should I buy Applecare for new Nano?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by iWalsh, Sep 17, 2008.

1. iWalsh macrumors member

Hello guys

I am hoping to get some advice from you guys. I am about to purchase a new 4G 8GB Nano and I want to know should I go ahead and purchase the applecare? Is it worth the extra $39? It is for 2 years of care and I just wonder is the battery likely to die with in that time so that I would need the applecare? Can someone tell me if applecare covers accidental damage like dropping or water? Have most you guys bothered with the applecare for a nano?

thanks.

2. jesusplay macrumors 6502a

ummmmm if memory serves me right...you get 1 year of warranty?

u don't need it....i doubt something will malfunction before the year is over......

3. AeroStud1026 macrumors member

AeroStud1026

Correct, with all new ipods purchased through apple comes with a 1 year warranty. No need for applecare IMO

4. iWalsh thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for response

You are right - the nano comes with 1 year of warranty. So the applecare basically extends it to a total of 2 years. So I guess you are paying $39 for one additional year. I wonder is anything likely to go wrong by the end of the second year?

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

AppleCare extended the 1 year warranty to 2. It will NOT cover accidental or water damage.

6. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

You're better off buying it with a credit card that offers extended warranty for free (or included with the annual fee). All American Express charge cards offer this, as does many "premium" Visa and Mastercard credit cards.

ft