Should I buy ATV now?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Shlooky, Dec 18, 2013.

  1. Shlooky macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 31, 2012
    #1
    There's always rumors flying around about a refreshed ATV. I have the money now to spend on one and wondering if the next ATV is around the corner.

    If I buy now, Apple will most likely not exchange it.
     
  2. jdblas69 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2012
    #2
    If you have the money now I would say buy it now. Even if Apple refreshes it, it does not make the current version useless. I still am using a Apple TV2 and serves a purpose nicely. Plus these are not overly expensive compared to holding off for a refresh to a Mac or anything.

    Also going with a refurb will save you few dollars as well.
     
  3. Shlooky thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 31, 2012
    #3
    That is true, I am a gadget guy, always wanting the latest, I think I can manage. :)

    Even though I read a lot of streaming problems with netflix dropping to SD, I have Netflix on the PS3 with no issues.

    I will buy one now then, thanks!
     
  4. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

    Ludatyk

    Joined:
    May 27, 2012
    Location:
    Texas
    #4
    At this time now, there isn't any rumors or speculation of a refresh in the near future.

    Apple has steadily adding apps for the Apple TV. Like jdblas mention... If you have the money go ahead and purchase it. It's really a no brainer... No need to be hesitant.
     
  5. keitarou macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2012
    #5
    Go get one at Staples for $84 bucks. It's new as well. I just did that myself.
     
  6. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

    Apple fanboy

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2012
    Location:
    Behind the Lens, UK
    #6
    If Apple were about to release a new ATV (like one with a screen). There would be leaks. As most people buy a new TV just prior to Christmas, if they had one to release they would have done it already.
     
  7. Shlooky thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 31, 2012
  8. lencinas macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2013
    #8
    I Don't know. I live in Germany, here apple is selling the atv3 for 107€, the resellers like mediamark usually have the apple products at the same praise as the apple store, but this week mediamark is selling the atv3 for only 73€.
    This very strange, maybe mediamark knows something that we don't know and they are getting rid of the old atv3
     
  9. benji888, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013

    benji888 macrumors 65816

    benji888

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2006
    Location:
    United States
    #9
    I'm about to get one myself, I've been watching the rumor mill on it, it's safe to say there likely won't be anything new from Apple for the Apple TV, probably not before next Fall.

    Apple has plenty in the refurb section for $75 (latest model—3rd gen), apple certified refurbs come with new warranty, and you can add applecare if you want. (free ship). http://store.apple.com/us/product/FD199LL/A/refurbished-apple-tv

    I was just looking...for new Apple TV, Staples has it for $84, Best Buy $90. Not sure if that's until the 21st or the 28th.
     
  10. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2009
    #10
    Seriously.... Did you even search the forums before asking? Hell there was a thread about half way down the page that was started on December 15th asking the same question....

    Internet Savvy this one is not.
     
  11. linds15 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2012
    Location:
    Great White North
    #11
    we really need a sticky titled, should i wait for atv 4
     
  12. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2009
    #12
    And only one word in giant letters that says "NO!"
     

Share This Page