Should i buy dreamweaver for mac os or windows?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by neonkru, Oct 4, 2010.

1. neonkru macrumors regular

Nov 3, 2009
    hello until now i've been programming and designing webpages in windows. I will be buying a macbook pro now because of work. So i need a license of dreamweaver but i'm not sure if i should buy the windows license or mac os license, i'm concerned about mac os not working with asp service. Is there any way to overcome this? thank you

Edit: I don't mind working in windows bootcamp on my mac but if i can avoid that, good...
  2. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Oct 24, 2007
    i'm not a big web guy, but i've HEARD (only heard) that DW in OS X isn't the hottest thing on the block. I don't know if it's true or not, as I don't spend much time there.

Are you buying it as part of a suite? Do you like to use the other components in any particular OS? I've used the suites across various OSs for years and my personal breakdown by package is:
    Master Collection: Mac
    Design Std/Prm: Mac
    Web: Windows
    Production: Toss up , prefer Windows.
  3. ulbador macrumors 68000

Feb 11, 2010
    Which one do you actually use more for that kind of thing?

Put quite simply, for me, I would choose whatever system I am more comfortable with and actually use more. For example, it can be MADDENING to make the constant switch between CNTL-C and CMD-C for something simple like copy/pasting, which you do quite a bit with web development.
  4. mustang_dvs macrumors 6502a

Feb 9, 2003
    Durham, NC
    Maybe I'm old school, but I've never liked Dreamweaver.

I do all of my web coding via BBEdit, pico, or nano.