Should I buy external keyboard for my Macbook ?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by XPcentric, Jul 28, 2011.

1. XPcentric macrumors 6502

As I use it everyday and sitting mostly in my bed, the laptop does not provide an ergonomic position. I wonder if a keyboard would be useful, thinking about the one with numeric keypad. Its less likely to buy the wireless one as I dont like to care for changing batteries.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I use the Apple Wireless Keyboard with my MBP to reduce wear on the MBP keyboard. I also find the AWK more comfortable to use. As for batteries, I get 4-6 months use on a set, using it 14+ hours a day, every day. Of course, it doesn't have a keypad, but that's not critical to me.

3. BiggAW macrumors 68020

If you type a lot, getting a Microsoft Natural board, or a buckling spring metal, or some other sort of high-end 'board is great. Apple's POS keyboard is basically a copy of a laptop keyboard, which is fine for a laptop board, but not on the desktop. I like the Microsoft Natural 4000, but if I didn't want/need a natural board, I would get Das Keyboard, since it's buckling spring. If you just want a real keyboard, but don't care what kind, get a cheap dell board off ebay or something. Crappy, but cheap.