Should i buy from microcenter?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Berius, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Berius macrumors member

Microcenter has the 13" pro that I was looking to get from apple.com for only $1000.

or

I could buy directly from apple for $1100 before shipping fees if there are any.
    I have an apple store about 40 minutes away but it is located in a mall and is always super packed and its such a huge hassle to park and navigate that area.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Microcenter regularly has good deals on computer hardware. I would go with them over Apple and many other stores.

3. nyc999 macrumors regular

I bought from micro center and no probs so far. However, if you want to return it, do so within one week, and they will charge 15% restocking fee.

I was already signed up for their mailing list and they sent me a $15 off coupon plus some coupon for a free flash drive that I was able to use towards the purchase.

4. tamvly macrumors 6502a

tamvly

Consider buying from a Best Buy near a Microcenter. They'll honor the MC price and are well regarded for their return policy.

5. no3tic888 macrumors member

I bought a 2010 13" MBP from Microcenter and had no problems. It was their $999 special as well. They are okay. The Apple Store is fine too. If you want to save time, money, and the hassle then Microcenter is the choice.

6. eric.john macrumors member

I agree. I would recommend going to a retailer that does price matching as well as their return policy.

7. Apok macrumors regular

To hell with best buy. I got my MBP at Microcenter and I found their staff to be extremely knowledgeable and were able to actually assist me in making my decision to switch to Mac. Plus the price was just too damn good to pass up. I will def buy from them again in the future.

8. realchimera macrumors regular

Micro Center is AMAZING!!! Once my customized desktop was burnt really bad, I bought and returned CPU, motherboard and video cards from Micro Center, because it's right next to my school, just to test which part is burnt. And they just let me return opened boxed CPU and motherboard without charging me any extra money.

9. tamvly macrumors 6502a

tamvly

I didn't say GO TO Best Buy, I said CONSIDER it. Sheesh.

10. Apok macrumors regular

There are such better options. But then again, I have a Microcenter close that I can just walk into. Not everyone gets that option unfortunately. I do have a little bit of hate for best buy as I worked there for a little while while I was in college.

11. GTBJW macrumors newbie

GTBJW

I tried at two separate Best Buys this weekend to PM Microcenter and was denied.

Microcenter lists the MBP as limited availability and Best Buy has a clause in the PM statement that allows denial of price matching for any limited quantity item.

12. aluren macrumors 65816

I bought mine from Microcenter. If this is your first time and you joined their free membership, they'll give you 5% off next purchase. I asked and the manager was kind enough to apply that to the $999.

13. bad1550 macrumors regular

Best Buy priced matched mine. There 14 day no hassle return policy worked for me as my first 2 MBP's had issues.

14. Apok macrumors regular

Damn, I didn't get that. And I even got their cc.

15. likers macrumors newbie

How to get the 5% off? I've created an account but nothing happened.