Should I buy from this eBay seller?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iGuy38, Feb 6, 2012.

1. iGuy38 macrumors member

I'll be getting some money really soon. My first purchase will be a slr camera and after that I'll have about $600 left to buy a new laptop. I'm trying to say away from PCs, but I dont have enough to purchase a MacBook from apple's refurbished store. I went on eBay recently and found a seller that has listings for MacBooks under $600. The seller has 0 negative feedback and I'm tempted to buy from this person. Anyone here ever bought anything from this seller? Should trust this seller?*

http://myworld.ebay.com/techsolutions513/

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Looks like a quite a good Seller IMO. There is always an element of risk, but look at there past transactions they have sold similar ticket items and received positive feedback.

Make sure you use PayPal.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

It's impossible to advise you with a definite yes or no. The seller has a good rep. 100% positive feedback, blah blah...Show me somebody who hasn't been burned by sellers with the same stats.

I don't use ebay for purchase any longer, back in the day it was pretty trustworthy. They do have systems in place, and bargains are to be had for sure.

Best advice is get as much information as you can before parting with $1. Best I can do I'm afraid.

4. The-Pro macrumors 65816

Agreeing what the other two posters said completely. Im very cautious about buying stuff on ebay, so far I haven't been ripped off :)

I see that all the macbooks for under 600 have 2GB RAM, im just recommending you upgrade that to at least 4GB (around 20$). Especially because your getting a DSLR. Since I presume you will be using the macbook to look at the photos and do editing of some sort, 2GB is just too little. You wouldn't regret upgrading the RAM.

Have fun with your new gear :)

5. Cubytus macrumors 65816

Use your brain

Seller has good stats. He seems to use his own, high quality photos of what he has to sell, and not stock pictures. Text is in caps (BAD!), but has no major grammar mistakes, usless flashy colors or enormous fonts.

It all "looks" professional.

I'm a bit wary of how he can obtain so much merchandise, but so far, seems honest. I would buy from him without a bad thought, especially if he uses PayPal.

6. EIGHTYTHREE macrumors member

EIGHTYTHREE

Looks very legit to me. I sell a lot of high end items (official gadget whore) on eBay and Im very professional and organized on how I do business. Ebay just like anything else can get a bad rep because of some bad seeds. There are some really good sellers on ebay and of course some bad ones. With that being said I feel if you got burned once or twice you shouldn't down play or scorn the whole process of what ebay stands for but look at it like an isolated issue with that particular seller! Paypal backs buyers, and on top of that if your Paypal is linked to a major CC for that purchase it's backed even more. Im not gotta sit here and knock ebay as a whole b/c of a few bad unethical sellers.
    In closing I really think this is a good seller.

PS....and im not the seller! I just got a lot of love for someone trying to make an honest transaction which is a win/win for the buyer/seller.

7. Zune55 macrumors 6502a

Looks like a legit seller

8. blacktape242 macrumors 65816

blacktape242

just pay with paypal, you can be covered against fraud that way. i wouldn't worry, save some money and go for it.

9. myrtledog macrumors member

Just wondering if you're all aware that you're responding to a thread from February 2012? :)

10. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

I don't think they knew. :)

11. Tfb macrumors member

But now I want to know the outcome and how the purchase worked out!

12. campyguy macrumors 68040

There, fixed that for your 3-years-too-late reply. o_O