Should I buy iLife '08?

penter

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
Should I buy and upgrade to iLife '08 now, or should i wait for Leopard to come out first?

My two biggest concerns are: 1) Leopard might already have the applications included in it!!!
2) if i install iLife '08 with my current OS I might, somehow, not be able to transfer it to the upcoming OS (Leopard), being that i already used the serial, or for any other odd reason.

Jan 30, 2006
1) That WON'T happen.

2) Don't worry, you won't have problems.:)

So maybe the only benefit of waiting, is to give Apple time to fix some bugs.

Tumeg101

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Orange County, California
Should I buy and upgrade to iLife '08 now, or should i wait for Leopard to come out first?

My two biggest concerns are: 1) Leopard might already have the applications included in it!!!
2) if i install iLife '08 with my current OS I might, somehow, not be able to transfer it to the upcoming OS (Leopard), being that i already used the serial, or for any other odd reason.
1) iLife does not come bundled with the OS...
2) You can save all your stuff on your macbook, and only swap out the OS from Tiger to leopard, and you will keep everything on your mac, without reinstalling it all

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
1) Apple's been releasing iLife yearly for awhile now and it's never been included "free" in the years where an OS X upgrade was also released.

2) There is no serial number of iLife, plus, when you upgrade to Leopard, it shouldn't mess with your currently installed programs.

penter

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
oh, thank you all, for replying to such silly questions
:):eek:
i'll be going to get my new iLife '08 soon, then!!

if all the apps in iLife stay, does that mean ALL my other apps and preferences stay as well??

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
When I went from 10.3 to 10.4, I don't remember any of my applications or preferences getting messed up.

Well, scratch that. The VPN client my company uses for remote access wasn't compatible with 10.4. Other than that, no problems. :D

penter

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
lol im sure im not gonna be having that problem

thanks again.

i love the macrumors community :) always so friendly and useful