Should i buy iMac ?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Tumej, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Tumej macrumors member

Im waiting the latest iMac ( 2012 ) version to come out. But Im just curious to see your opinion that should i buy Mac? I have Xbox 360 so i don't use computer for gaming. I like editing video and photos?

:apple:MAC OR PC ?

2. Bear macrumors G3

This is a Mac site, so responses will be tilted towards you getting a Mac. For what you'd be using it for, a Mac would be just fine.

3. Mike Valmike macrumors 6502a

My situation is similar to yours and the iMac has been the perfect Mac for me. I have a 2009 model and I am waiting to upgrade too. My 2009 iMac has served me very well and thanks to the app Rivet, I can stream video on the Xbox 360 from the iMac without having to set anything else up. So if you aren't doing that already, I highly recommend it. (I have an Apple TV 3 also, but ATV doesn't play .AVI files, which the Xbox 360 plays just fine. Also through Rivet the 360 can just play videos out of their folders, not needing to have them in the iTunes database, so that lets me use USB drives full of video.)

In fact I even use my iMac for the same things as you: mainly editing video and photos. And web surfing obviously. I recommend getting the 27" iMac with whatever SSD+HDD pairing is configurable in the new refresh. The one regret I have about my 2009 iMac is that I took the one with the 640GB default HDD, and it has been constraining. Sure, I have six terabytes of external USB2 storage attached, but we both know it's not the same. If I had jumped the gun and upgraded last year, I could have had 256GB SSD and 2TB HDD, which would have been more than enough for the most important things I wanted to have on the internal drives. I'm sure the new iMacs will have similar options available.

In any case best of luck to you with your new purchase!

4. Rayxxy macrumors newbie

Same thing with me, i also don't know how to decide at first but now i know.
    If you have been waiting for a long time just wait because there is Mountain Lion coming out. So maybe they will make a new mac, maybe it will be bigger (better for photo editing) and better.So my opinion is to wait. :)

5. iFin macrumors newbie

Just ordered today. Call me crazy but I need it bad.
    If new one comes before I get "old" one, I can still change it :)