Should I Buy iWork?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cssh88, Jun 9, 2007.

1. cssh88 macrumors newbie

Hi, I just bought a MacBook and was wondering if I should buy iWork now or wait for the end of WWDC to see if they will release anything? I really need a good word processing software and text edit just doesnt do the job good enough. :cool:

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I recommend the free NeoOffice :)

If you want a slideshow app, Keynote is great. I personally use mainly Pages, and then transfer to NeoOffice if I need more complex stuff and compatibility with MS:Office...

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I think the question was whether the OP should buy now or wait. Personally, I'd wait -- and take advantage of the 30 day preview period on the copy of iWork that came preinstalled on your MacBook in the meantime.

4. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

I like iWork and NeoOffice. but in reply to your question, Yes you should buy iWork. :) :)

5. azizane macrumors member

iwork is very good but, i suggest you wait for the new upgrade of iwork and use neo-office for now. at least wait for steve jobs's announcements at WWDC 07 in the next few days!

6. cssh88 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Expect an iWork upgrade, iWork 2007, to be announced and ship tomorrow. You will undoubtedly be able to download a TestDrive of the new version as soon as it ships.

8. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

Why are you so convinced of this? I've noticed you say it several times.