Should I buy iWorks or MS Word for mac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by scottraider80, Jan 9, 2007.

1. scottraider80 macrumors newbie

Need some help... this will be my first mac purchase. Am getting a new macbook. I am a college student and use MS Word all the time on my PC right now. Need to know if I should buy the mac version, iWorks, or something else? Any information will be appreciated, thanks.

2. foltzie macrumors member

Most schools offer even cheaper versions of MS office for Windows and the Mac. Contact your IT department or bookstore to see if they sell reduced price software. At my old school it was $5 a CD for any version of Fffice.

If you have to print your assignments use whichever you prefer. If you have to turn it in digitally you will be forced to use Office.

3. macinthebox-nan macrumors newbie

macinthebox-nan

go with word just cuz you'll be able to easily access and edit your documents from school computers. i'm not endorsing microsoft, just fact of life that all computers at school run word.

4. marnen macrumors newbie

Something else, namely NeoOffice. It reads and writes MS Office documents flawlessly (except for certain complex VBA macros in Excel), runs native on Intel Macs (unlike MS Office), and is free!