Should I buy Leopard now for Amazon's low price or later?

Dinkum Thinkum

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2007
7
0
Does it make sense to buy Leopard on Amazon now at the current low price of $109 or will it still be that cheap (or lower?) in late December/January?

I have already decided to wait two or three months before installing it so any major bugs can be fixed via the updates that are sure to come. I also want to be sure that all of my important programs and peripherals are compatible and stable with Leopard before installing it on my Mac Pro.

FYI: I'm not eligible for an educational discount, I have no plans to buy another Apple computer right now, I'm not a developer, and I won't buy it on eBay.

What happened to the pricing for Tiger at Apple and Amazon a few months after its release?

- Mike
 

overanalyzer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
909
0
Boston, MA USA
I don't recall seeing Tiger for much of a discount ever, other than academic obviously, which, like you said, isn't relevant to you. If you don't want to buy it from eBay, I think $20 off isn't bad, personally. Who knows if Amazon will keep the discount, though....

Edit: Though one indicator, perhaps, is that Tiger is $109.99 on Amazon currently, and presumably has been for a while.
 
Comment

jackc

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
1,490
0
You can be pretty sure it's not going to get any cheaper
 
Comment

Similar threads

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.