Should I buy Leopard now for Amazon's low price or later?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Dinkum Thinkum, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Dinkum Thinkum macrumors newbie

Jan 25, 2007
    Does it make sense to buy Leopard on Amazon now at the current low price of $109 or will it still be that cheap (or lower?) in late December/January?

I have already decided to wait two or three months before installing it so any major bugs can be fixed via the updates that are sure to come. I also want to be sure that all of my important programs and peripherals are compatible and stable with Leopard before installing it on my Mac Pro.

FYI: I'm not eligible for an educational discount, I have no plans to buy another Apple computer right now, I'm not a developer, and I won't buy it on eBay.

What happened to the pricing for Tiger at Apple and Amazon a few months after its release?

- Mike
  2. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

Sep 7, 2007
    Boston, MA USA
    I don't recall seeing Tiger for much of a discount ever, other than academic obviously, which, like you said, isn't relevant to you. If you don't want to buy it from eBay, I think $20 off isn't bad, personally. Who knows if Amazon will keep the discount, though....

Edit: Though one indicator, perhaps, is that Tiger is $109.99 on Amazon currently, and presumably has been for a while.
  3. jackc macrumors 65816

Oct 19, 2003
    You can be pretty sure it's not going to get any cheaper
  4. Dinkum Thinkum thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 25, 2007
    I ordered Leopard from Amazon.
    Thanks to you both for your replies :)

- Mike