Should I buy Macbook 2011 now?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by madx, Sep 24, 2011.

  1. madx macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2011
    Location:
    Germany
    #1
    Im not really sure to buy now the macbook pro 13" 2011, because i read that maybe the lates 2011 are coming soon. So should i buy the 13" early for 999 Euros? or should i wait for 2012 / late 2011
     
  2. miles01110 macrumors Core

    miles01110

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2006
    Location:
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    #2
    If you need one, buy it now. You can always play the waiting game.
     
  3. madx thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2011
    Location:
    Germany
  4. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

    ScottNWDW

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2008
    Location:
    Orlando, Florida
    #4
    When it comes to technology if you wait until the next upgrade or the next best thing you will never buy anything. The MacBook Pro or whatever laptop you buy this week may be obsolete next week or next month.

    If you listen to all the rumors as to when Apple will upgrade the MacBook, well you will probably never buy a MacBook because there is always the new one a few months away.

    If you need a computer now, then buy it now. When the new ones come out and you really feel you have to have whatever bells and whistles they aded sell what you have now and get the new one, but keep in mind that in a few more months another one with even better bells and whistles will be out, but wait theres more .....a few months after that there will be another then another and so on and so on and so on.

    The soundest advice with technology products is simply if you need it now, buy it now. If not, then wait a few months. It's really not that hard.
     
  5. Young Spade macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2011
    Location:
    Tallahassee, Florida
    #5
    I'd get it now; the next upgrade that I would spring for would be "maybe" Ivy Bridge, BUT ONLY if they added something else; a simple processor upgrade, IMO, wouldn't be worth the wait seeing as you get a SMB processor in the current machine.

    If they upped the graphics card or removed the optical drive and increased battery, maybe, just maybe, would I think of selling my 2011 MBP and getting a new one.
     
  6. mac jones macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2006
    #6
    Just wait. And keep posting your question over the years. We love hearing from you. :)
     
  7. Badrottie Suspended

    Badrottie

    Joined:
    May 8, 2011
    Location:
    Los Angeles
    #7
    I don't know if waiting is worth of your time some people say next refresh MBP will be April 2012.
     
  8. md301 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2011
    #8
    hi

    its a simple question, let me answer it with a simple question too.
    "do you want to be happy now?"

    cheers!
     
  9. Tanax macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2011
    Location:
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #9
    A simple CPU-upgrade? Ivy bridge is a shrinking of Sandy bridge, it'll be faster, better integrated graphics, lower power consumption and lower heat.

    Obviously, Ivy bridge won't be as good as Haswell but it'll be a hell of a lot better than Sandy bridge. It'll definitely be a CPU-upgrade worth getting.
     

Share This Page