Should I buy Macbook now?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by WordLife565, Jul 6, 2011.

  1. WordLife565, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2011

    WordLife565 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2008
    Location:
    Charlotte, NC
    #1
    I'm going to be purchasing a macbook, which I will need by the start of the school year (August 22nd). However many people have told me that the Macbook will update soon. I'm at a bit of a dilemma, as there is a refurbished 2010 white Macbook on apple's online store for 850. Should I bite right now on that sale price, or hold it out just in case there is an update?

    But if I hold on and there is no update by mid-August, I'll have to play an extra 50 bucks for the same year old macbook, except brand new instead of refurb...

    and then, would it be worth it to get a cheap PC laptop, then wait till the macbook refreshes, then sell the PC and buy a macbook?

    A lot of options running in my head. I need some guidance
     
  2. maclaptop macrumors 65816

    maclaptop

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2011
    Location:
    Western Hemisphere
    #2
    Apple's refurbished program is great... buy it :)
     
  3. blackbinary macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2011
    #3
    Your buying a $1000 laptop.
    $50 should not be out of budget.

    Your best bet is to wait for the refresh which is purported to come with lion sometime this month, or around there. The difference in speed will be a big jump.

    If on the other hand it somehow doesn't get updated by the end of August (which I can't see), then just pony up the $50. You'll still be getting a $100 giftcard and the education discount (assuming you can use them).
     

Share This Page