Should I buy Macbook now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cornycorn, Aug 10, 2007.

1. cornycorn macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I've been thinking for some time now if I should buy the Macbook right away or wait a couple more months til October when the new Mac OS Leopard comes out then buy the Macbook that has the new system.

I need advice and opinions from all of you..

Thanks.. much appreciated.

Also, if you guys have any other suggestions.. I'd be more than willing to hear them out. :)

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

Unless you really need it now, I reckon wait for Leopard. It's only 2 months, and they might put LED displays in them.

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

a little more information about your situation could be helpful. are you in school? do you need a laptop asap? can you wait for leopard to come out? would the $130+tax in savings from waiting really matter? i personally think the macbook is a fine computer and would make for an excellent purchase. yes, even right now.

4. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Do you need it right away? if yes: buy now.
    Can you comfortably wait? If yes: buy later or buy now depending on your patience.

It's simple.

5. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Its not very likely that new hardware will be released, so really its a matter of cost...are you happy enough with your computer now for a few months to justify $129?

My dad just ordered a Macbook yesterday because his laptop broke, and its annoying that he'll have to get used to the mac system (albeit not difficult) just for the Finder to be replaced and other things in two months. Would this be your first Mac? Would you get Leopard a.s.a.p?

6. cornycorn thread starter macrumors newbie

what are LED displays?

7. cornycorn thread starter macrumors newbie

I can wait for leopard if it's really worth it and by worth it I mean really different from the system Tiger.

Yes. This is going to be my first Mac so I was thinking if I should get used to it first before school starts. But I really want the new system :confused: ...

8. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Back-lit LED displays which may provide longer battery and screen life.