Should I buy macbook pro online or in a store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by montblanc1, Jun 18, 2009.

1. montblanc1 macrumors member

I am planning to buy the 13.3 macbook pro (2.53GHZ). since I am a student, the online price is 1399 with a free ithouch and typewriter( save 100, was 1499)

the problem is, if I buy it in an authorized store, how much would it cost?

2. ddeadserious macrumors 6502a

ddeadserious

The education discount, free ipod, and free printer are all honored in the Apple Retail Stores. I personally bought mine at a store because I absolutely HATE check UPS/FedEx's tracking page 34 times per day until I get what I want. I'd rather just drive an hour to my Apple store and walk out with what I want.

3. cababah macrumors 68000

4. harcosparky macrumors 68020

BTO would be the only reason to do an online order.

RETURNS ?????

Sucks to have to return anything - but if you buy online, you must mail it back.

If you buy in store, you can take it back personally and beat the guy over the head that sold it to you! :lol:

You cannot return an online purchase to a physical Apple Store!

ONLINE & IN STORE prices are all the same !!!!!!

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm one for instant gratification, so I typically buy at the store. I shy away from the BTO options because that limits your choices in returns/swapping our DOA units. Another plus for me is the ability to shoot over the border to NH and buy it w/o sales tax being applied. Given that my state (taxachusetts) is upping the sales tax by a whopping 25% is reason enough to hop over the border to tax free New Hampshire.

6. montblanc1 thread starter macrumors member

I got it!!!

Judging from what you said, I am afraid perhaps seldom would there be anybody
    buying MBP online, since the rebate matter is so troblesome! And the price is all the same!!!

7. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Not sure how well the typewriter will serve you but I'd go for the in-store purchase. Instant gratification and you can always return it quickly if you have any issues.

8. CPD_1 macrumors 6502

If you have a store near you and you don't need BTO, buy it in store.

9. MacAndy74 macrumors 65816

I love the anticipation of waiting for the package to arrive - so I prefer to shop online, either way it doesn't matter in reality.

10. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

yeah but you're in australia.

in civilization, its nice to go pay for something and get it right away. I would get it from the store unless you weren't sure a customized model you'd want is there.

11. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

12. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

13. Jazojas12 macrumors regular

So I just ordered a MBP about an hour ago. I'm kind of having 2nd thoughts about shipping since I want it ASAP. If I cancel my order when should the hold for the money on my credit card be taken off?

14. Jazojas12 macrumors regular

Wow. I'm surprised. I decided to cancel the order which I ordered at 12am and when I went on there 2 hours later it says prepared to ship. Maybe I'll just wait haha.