Should I buy MBP from Apple Store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macNewbie02, May 31, 2012.

1. macNewbie02, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012

macNewbie02 macrumors regular

Hey,

I'm planning on going to the USA and to purchase me a new MBP there(next gen standard 15 Inch model or the matte option - if there will be such an option).

I would like to ask you: Should I buy the MBP directly from Apple, or should I buy from Amazon.com/Macmall and save myself a little cash? what would you do and why?

BTW, from my understanding there are taxes in the U.S - are there taxes if I purchase online(Amazon, Macmall, ...)?

Thanks a lot.

2. IamMarcoPolo macrumors member

Not at this time - wait for the WWDC in 2 weeks time - then you will have access (hopefully) to a new mac pro. Don't buy old equipment now.

3. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

BTW, I'm considering buying the next gen standard 15 Inch model or the matte option(if it will have such an option, no one knows yet).

Read the whole post.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The shipping depends on whether its in stock or not. You generally can pay for expedited shipping, i.e., over night but if you're not going to be in one place for an extended period of time. Why take a chance. Just go into a local apple store and buy it.

5. bogatyr macrumors 65816

Amazon doesn't charge tax (except for 1 or 2 locations I think) and you can get overnight shipping. The issue I see is that when the new models drop, it might be a while before they have stock.

6. macNewbie02 thread starter macrumors regular

I wrote: "BTW, I'm considering buying the next gen standard 15 Inch model or the matte option(if it will have such an option, no one knows yet)." So yes, I'm waiting for WWDC :)

and thanks, basesloaded190 :)

7. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

I would just buy it in the store after they are introduced. Like it was said above, no one knows for sure how soon Amazon will get the new stock. You know for sure Apple will have the new gen in the store as soon as they go on sale.

8. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

9. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

I would save the extra cash and go Amazon - for me, at least, the savings would be worth waiting another week for my new toy

10. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

you might save a few bucks elsewhere, but usually close to launch they are the same price everywhere its when amazona and macmalls start to have to much stock they get you with a bit of a savings