Should I buy more ram for my macbook??

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by teefyot, May 4, 2010.

1. teefyot macrumors newbie

Hello!

I bought my Macbook in 2006, and apple suggests that the maximum I upgrade my ram to is 2 GB.

Right now, I have 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM....is there any point in upgrading? Will it make a difference? I am trying to run Photoshop on my computer..

Thank you!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Maybe, it depends on what kind of usage you have planned for PS. I would get it, but I like having and using RAM.

Take a look here and search for your model and see if that model might even take 3 or 4 GB of RAM.

3. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...if you're really serious about running PS on it, it wouldn't hurt to have the added RAM = its also pretty cheap so if you don't like how it works you haven't spent a bunch of $$...

4. lyons238 macrumors 6502

yeah honestly i wouldnt run less than 2gb of ram even while just browsing and doing daily tasks. im currently using 4 and am very happy. but 1 more gb for you should give you a nice boost.

5. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

By saying that your MacBook is a 2006 model doesn't define a specific model. But, if it's core duo (May '06) it does have the 2GB maximum. If it's core 2 duo (late '06) you can install 4GB in order to utilize 3.3GB of RAM.