Should I Buy New MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tphan, Oct 16, 2008.

  1. tphan macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2008
    #1
    Hello,

    I currently have a MBP MA895LL/A 15.4", matte screen.
    2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB Hard Drive, DVD/CD SuperDrive.

    I read the following about the new dual graphics card:
    "But the MacBook Pro uses Apple's spin on Nvidia's tech that simply lets you pick one or the other (not both, booooooo) and you have to manually flip the switch in system prefs, log out and back in, pretty annoying. Battery life is apparently an issue with the new MacBook Pro, considering that the integrated 9400M card now nets you five hours of go-time, the same as the separate, more power-hungry 8600M GT in the previous model, whereas the new discrete 9600M GT now gets you only four."

    Will this log in log out issue be resolved later with software? If so when do you think they will release such software? Snow Leopard?
     
  2. bebetc macrumors member

    bebetc

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2008
    Location:
    Boca Raton, FL
    #2
    Well you have a good computer now don't waste your money unless you feel you really want it !!!
     
  3. dpaanlka macrumors 601

    dpaanlka

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2004
    Location:
    Illinois
    #3
    Only you can really decide that for yourself. For me, no that wouldn't be.
     
  4. uplusd macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2008
    Location:
    Silicon Valley
    #4
    I was wondering about this as well. Does anyone know?
     
  5. phiberglass macrumors 6502a

    phiberglass

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2007
    #5
    I sure hope so. I"m thinking with Snow Leopard it will though.
     
  6. Empyre macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2008
    #6
    I wouldn't Blow 2 grand on a computer thats only slightly better than the one you have now. I am buying a new MBP because I am currently without a notebook computer for my college studies and for a little gaming here and there =D. But if I had an old MBP, hands down I would wait until a more significant upgrade

    That being said, if you have money to blow, be irresponsible and buy one ;)
     

Share This Page