Should I buy now or wait for a new iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ezinn, Jun 23, 2009.

  1. ezinn macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2009
    #1
    I'm dying to get a new iMac, being a PC user, I want to switch.
    Will the prices come down in the next few months?
    Can I settle for a 20 in or splurge and get the 24 inch.
    Also, can I install a windows XP professional version that came with one of my old pc's or will I have to buy a new copy of windows?

    THanks for your help
     
  2. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #2
    Buy now. We won't see update in 6 months. Yes, you can use any version of Windows above XP
     
  3. GodWhomIsMike macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2007
  4. suburbia macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2008
    #4
    I'd definitely go with the 24" rather than the 20" if you can afford it. I guarantee you will be very glad you did :)
     
  5. Sandman1969 macrumors 6502a

    Sandman1969

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2007
    #5
    I second that! I love my 24" and couldn't imagine being on a 20" now. If you can afford it, definitely go with the larger option. I would also go with the best video card you can afford too. Memory you can add yourself.

    GL with the switch. I never regret switching 1.5 years ago. Only regret was, I wish I did it sooner :)
     
  6. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

    cocky jeremy

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2008
    Location:
    Columbus, OH
    #6
    Definitely go to the 24" and definitely buy now. Prices aren't going to drop much, if any.. and a new model won't be announced until November to January at earliest.
     
  7. baypharm macrumors 65816

    baypharm

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2007
    #7
    Go for it NOW! I would most definitely go for the 24" model over the 20" - big difference in screen quality.
     
  8. zedsdead macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2007

Share This Page