Should I buy now or wait for new iPhone?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JRomero, Nov 10, 2007.

1. JRomero macrumors regular

JRomero

I'm considering buying an iPhone very soon, but the MacRumors Buyer's Guide suggested to buy only if need and that their will be an upgrade soon. Should I wait? What kind of upgrade are we looking at?

Thanks for your help!

2. aviddk macrumors regular

Here is a thread I started on this very topic the other day.

3. mm1250 macrumors 6502

the iPhone was just released 4 months ago. I cant' see it being updated yet. I would suggest sometime mid 2008 for the next version. The only thing I see them adding soon is more memory (16GB) version.

But i'm sure that would cost more than the 8GB.

So buy now.

4. Sannekita macrumors regular

Sannekita

5. iliketomac macrumors member

iliketomac

Agree, it's not a bad idea to just buy now... and have fun using it.... the iPhone will get improvements over time, little by little IMO (kinda like how iPods have evolved through all these years)... plus, the iPhone has a good resale value - especially if it's unlocked. So go ahead, take the plunge! Just do your homework first - the iPhone has many nice applications but also has some irritating shortcomings. However, I believe the advantages overcome its lack of other features...

6. jonnylink macrumors 6502

also the iPhone v1 is just reaching some markets right now, they wouldn't want to piss off all of Europe by releasing iPhone v2 ina couple months.

7. aviddk macrumors regular

I am ordering mine from the Apple Store on Tuesday. If I order today there is a chance it could be delivered Tuesday and I won't be around.