Should I buy now or wait!

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Watson219, Dec 8, 2013.

  1. Watson219 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2013
    #1
    I'm getting a new computer, and I'm considering a Mac Mini. I would get 8gb of RAM, 2.3GHz intel i7, and a 1TB fusion drive. I've heard that there might be a upgrade soon. I use virtual machines, and other heavy load programs. Should I wait for the haswell, or buy the current one.
     
  2. mvmanolov macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2013
  3. fastlanephil macrumors 65816

    fastlanephil

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2007
    #3
    If you need or want a Mac Mini just buy one. A newer model won't be that much better and might be harder to upgrade with third party parts like what happened to the iMac..

    I recently returned that configured Mac Mini to Apple but with the stock 4GB of memory because of a third party software problem so you might check the refurbished section of the Apple store before you decide to buy.
     
  4. Watson219 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2013
    #4
    Do you think the price will be the same? One of the reasons I may wait is that I will have more money to spend on it. The Mac Mini seems to be the cheaper, more of the upgradable computer. Do you think they would solder the RAM in?
     
  5. COrocket macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2012
    #5
    [​IMG]

    But in all seriousness - no one knows for sure if the RAM will be soldered, if there will be a redesign or a spec update, pricing, or exactly when it will come out. Could be tomorrow, could be next year.
     

Share This Page