Should I buy now or wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by eliteeli, Feb 18, 2014.

  1. eliteeli macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2014
    #1
    Hi all! This is my first post!

    So I will be starting medical school this coming August and plan on buying a Macbook Air for school. Best Buy currently has a student discount of 150$ (!) on any macbook. This offer expires in April. My question is if I should buy the current MBA 13 for 950 (1100-150) or should I wait and see if the new MBA will come out in June, in time for me to get it for school.

    Also even if the next model does come out in June, maybe this year's model will take a price drop.

    I'm just nervous that the BB discount won't be as good come June/July and I'll end up spending more $$$ on the same computer.

    Thanks guys
     
  2. evosgames macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2012
    #2
    If you need it now, take the discount and buy it.

    Sure apple will have a new better macbook air later on, but then after that another will come and then another.. Thus the circle of technology, each new model could be "the" big refresh. So as others before me have said, if you need it now go for it.. Plus you are getting 150 bucks off it why not jump on.
     
  3. DiCaprioAngel macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2013
    Location:
    New York
    #3
    If you need it now, I say buy it now. Apple will always be releasing new products in the coming year, so waiting will seem pointless because you will always feel like you're missing out on something that you're not. I got my laptop because I needed it and that's all there is to it. Either way, you'll be getting a great computer. Buy it now and save tons of money while you're at it. You won't regret it.
     
  4. Jedi Master macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2013
    Location:
    ar the moment on the Death Star
    #4
    Read the following links, maybe late 2014

     
  5. MacGeekAZ macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2011
    #5
    You do have options to save $$ from Apple, too. You probably can get the education discount from them, or buy refurbished. So I wouldn't rush into a purchase just because of the coupon from Best Buy.
     
  6. ToomeyND, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014

    ToomeyND macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2011
    #6
    Accidental post.

    Sorry, didn't mean to post, and I can't find how to delete.
     
  7. eliteeli thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2014
    #7
    Thanks for all the replies!

    Thing I forgot to mention: I have about 150$ in BB gift cards. So either way I'll be buying from BB. The question is when BB will have the best deal.

    I doubt anyone will offer anything better than 150$ off... the only question is when the new one will come out because that will probably lower the price on this years model.
     
  8. calvol macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2011
    #8
    I would wait for the rumored 12" with IGZO screen, new chassis with slimmer bezels, and longer battery life with Broadwell.

    If you buy now, you're buying a 4th gen of a screen/chassis that hasn't really changed since 2010.
     

Share This Page