Should I buy now?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fantasyphil, Feb 13, 2013.

1. fantasyphil macrumors member

Well I am looking at buying a 15 inch rMBP with the minor update today but is it worth it too buy it now or should I wait? I am seeing a lot of people are waiting for haswell but what will that include? Just faster? Do you think they will update the rMBP again before the end of 2013? Thanks!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I recommend you buy what you need, when you need it. It's a pointless effort to chase the "next update", since you don't know for certain what it will include or when it will be, and there will always be a "next update" coming, no matter when you buy.

3. fantasyphil thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, do I need it now? no but it wouldnt hurt to have it a bit earlier. I am just curious if people think the next update will be a big one or not.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There are quite a few existing threads already discussing this, such as this one:

Haswell in June: Refresh vs. Redesign (merged)

5. cntwtfrmynwmbp macrumors member

6. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Nothing that will change your life or make you regret what you already have. Unless you're OCD about such things of course.

And amazingly enough, I've skipped 4 iterations of my current machine and it didn't burt into flames the day each version was introduced. It even runs the same apps and OS :eek:

7. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Tech is not future proof
    That simple
    If you need now, buy now ;)