Should I Buy Now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ccasselman, Feb 7, 2008.

  1. ccasselman macrumors newbie

    Feb 7, 2008
    I really want an iPhone. I have not purchased yet on purpose of waiting on the 2nd version and/or hopefully 3G.

    With the announcement of the 16gb version it appears that it could be 4th Qtr before the 3G version but of course nothing is concrete. And there are rumors of May/June launch.

    Would you recommend buying now or forcing myself to wait until end of year? I would like to stick to purchasing a new 1 every 2nd year, not every year and not every 6 months.

    Please let me know your thoughts and why.

  2. whatchettb macrumors newbie

    Nov 25, 2007
    for me, 3g doesn't make that big of difference since i am almost always in a wifi area...

    to each his own, but i sure got tired of waiting and haven't regretted buying one since...
  3. thefunkymunky macrumors 65816

    Feb 24, 2005
    Just buy the damn thing. You can always sell it later then buy the newer model.
  4. Kordic27 macrumors newbie

    Feb 7, 2008
    Rather than start a new thread with a version of the same question, I think I'll add mine here...

    The difference with my situation is that I'm in Toronto, and am heading to NY for the weekend. While there, I had figured that I would pick up an iPhone, but am now wondering if:

    1. If will be able to unlock it - like, if it's 1.1.3, is there a point in buying?
    2. With the rumbles coming from Rogers and their data plans, do people think that Teddy boy will be releasing the iPhone in the VERY near future?

    Thanks all
  5. eswank macrumors 6502

    Sep 26, 2006
    "You can wait forever, but no matter when you buy one, a new one will never be more than six months away."

    Just buy the iPhone. I was in the same position a few months ago. I just went out to the :apple: store and bought one. No regrets. Now, I can't even go back to a regular cell phone. Once you buy it you'll be happy. Even if you opt for the 8GB just be happy that you have an iPhone.
  6. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816


    Sep 18, 2006
    BUY IT! The 16 gig just came out, they wont update for awhile now, and a price drop probably wont happen either.

Share This Page