Should I buy Office 2008 or iWork 08?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by firstapple, Feb 20, 2008.

1. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

Well, as the title states, I am kinda having a slight dilemma. I am hoping to hear from people that have had good and bad experiences with both Office and iWork. Rather not just have a bunch of complaints... I searched the forums here and found a lot of complaints for Office, but not many good things (which is typical for a forum I know).

I have the option at my school to purchase either iWork for $39, or Office 08 for $50 (in about 2 weeks). So price will have no affect on my decision. Also, I do not and will not have to run Macros, so that will not be a deciding factor.

I am more interested in RAM usage, CPU usage, how well the program runs, and its core features. I currently have the iWork trial, but it just seems to be such a light program compared to what I am use to from my Windows days. If there was a Office '08 trial I would just try that out, and then figure it out myself, but without the trial I will depend on those of you who have used both. Why did you choose the one you did?

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Wow, I thought IJ was kidding when he said there was one of these a day.

He'll be along in a moment to post a long list of other threads you can browse through.

Cheers!

3. Mitou macrumors regular

It really depends on what your needs are. If you are going to make ppt to share with others you should get office. If on the other hand it is mostly for your own use and the occasional sharing I vote iwork.

4. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

There are trials for both, just try them out and decide.

5. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Damn, you beat me to it!

6. firstapple thread starter macrumors 6502a

firstapple

Where is there a trial for Office '08??