Should i buy one now?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Prawnstar69, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Prawnstar69 macrumors regular

Should i buy an apple watch now that its out since a long time? will there be a new one next year? i don't mind waiting for 6months or so. Apple watch is gonna be released in India very soon, as soon as next week, should i wait for a new one if the refresh cycle is 1 year or should i just buy one right now? Thanks.

2. damonbus macrumors member

damonbus

Buy it now and enjoy. New technology is always coming out.

3. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

yes

i'm buying mine 26th september...and plan on keeping it two years at least

4. addictive macrumors regular

No one knows when the next iteration of the Apple Watch will be released. My thinking is that it will not be updated within the next 12 months. I would think March 2017 will be the time we'll see the second version of the apple watch. They need to further miniaturise the internals while including new sensors. I very much doubt this will happen in the next 12 months. I predict in-between we'll see further WatchOS upgrades allowing the Watch to do more.

5. modelbehaviour macrumors 6502

They said in the presentation that the new colours will make the watch a great holiday gift, so I doubt we'll see any update this year. I think it'll be Feb/Mar next year at the earliest.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you don't buy one now, you'll face the same exact situation in 2016, i.e., there will be a new watch coming out in 2017.

buy it now and enjoy it now.

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

8. douglasf13 macrumors 65816

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how Apple approaches updates. Continuity in design is important, if they're trying to be seen in a similar light as mechanical watches, and I wouldn't be shocked if the next few Apple watches look like the first one, just with different finish options and improved internals/battery life.

I've owned an iPhone since the second generation, and, truth be told, I don't use a zillion apps on it, anymore. Mail, Safari, phone/text, camera, maps and a few specialized things are most of what I use. I see the same thing happening with the Watch, and, since it's less of a information consumption device, I could see putting off the need to upgrade for years. Even in its current form, I'm mostly only interested in weather, time and notifications.

9. DesignG macrumors member

DesignG

I am thinking the same... I am really tempted to buy one soon...

10. Talkingtoaster macrumors regular

Talkingtoaster

Live for today, buy what you want as you never know what tomorrow brings...Make yourself happy

11. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

No... wait until 9/25 and then buy one in store. It will be extra exciting. Or, do an online order tomorrow morning at 12:01 PDT. Either one will maximize your total exhilaration package.

12. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

… five months is a long time?

Maybe it's a long time for a hamburger to be sitting on a windowsill.

13. Mac2me, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015

Mac2me macrumors 6502a

With the new Watch OS2 coming out next week, what are you waiting for. No one knows what the product cycle will be, and certainly as you know not all products get updated every year. Personally I don't think this one will unless there's a huge jump in their research in battery tech or something else cool. I enjoy mine so much since getting it I honestly can't say why wait any longer if you think you want one. You come in to it with a lot of new bands to choose from too, etc. Live in the moment and not vicariously by reading all these posts from the sidelines LOL.

14. shox2k2 macrumors 6502

I wouldn't be shocked if they waited until the iPhone 7 to release a new watch with it. I mean what else is there for the iPhone 7 (other than normal upgrades) unless it does something super with the watch? I don't know. I plan on getting a watch in the next few weeks. I am (I think) going with the cheaper sport model and maybe with the next one I will get a s/s one.

There's always going to be something better coming out eventually. Enjoy what you have until you are ready to upgrade. I like my iPhone 6 and have no plans to upgrade to the 6s (yet?). I've done a good job of just getting a new phone every two years.

15. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

decided due to money reasons and due to apple care i'm getting the SS with black sport band...can't afford the main bands right now

16. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

Nothing wrong with that. I'm sure you'll enjoy wearing it. I bought my Watch with the black leather band and later bought a white sport band. I have some 3rd party bands too, but interestingly I find I wear the sport band the most. I find it very comfortable.

17. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Buy now and enjoy. I think there will be a new watch next spring but that's seven months away so get one know and you have the freedom of keeping it for however long you want or shopping out when the next watch is released

18. bigup macrumors member

If your able too buy it with AppleCare+ that way if you sell in a years time you will be able to sell it easier.

19. AppleDavid macrumors regular

AppleDavid

Has anyone seen the new space grey SS Apple Watch in real?If, yes how it looks?

20. Talkingtoaster macrumors regular

Talkingtoaster

It looks how you imagine, a blacker SS. Don't like it personally and I wonder if it still chip easy and expose the SS underneath?